• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A sorry thing indeed, surely, a Sunday in September without corduroy.

We've just put together the finishing touches to a third colour(way) of the shirt with standard collar -- "lead grey", this time around; not to be confused with last week's coal grey ...

shirt-standard-collar-lead-grey-corduroy-1@2x.jpg

shirt-standard-collar-lead-grey-corduroy-4.jpg

shirt-standard-collar-lead-grey-corduroy-3.jpg

... and the new popover in navy corduroy of the thick-thin variety.

I am still not sure what to make of the popover -- and I designed the thing! -- but especially in corduroy, it is a comfortable thing, with the brushed reverse side, which can be worn over a shirt or by itself.

popover-navy-corduroy-1@2x.jpg

popover-navy-corduroy-7.jpg

Paul

avantbored

Reaction score
A sorry thing indeed, surely, a Sunday in September without corduroy.

... and the new popover in navy corduroy of the thick-thin variety.

I am still not sure what to make of the popover -- and I designed the thing! -- but especially in corduroy, it is a comfortable thing, with the brushed reverse side, which can be worn over a shirt or by itself.

View attachment 840602
View attachment 840601

Paul

LOVE this popover! Are there any other fabrics forthcoming?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
LOVE this popover! Are there any other fabrics forthcoming?

Very pleased to hear it. Thank you.

Certainly, yes. The popover will hopefully be a mainstay for years to come.

We've pencilled in a linen-silk version for next year — a very tentative pencil — ... and, since it is something perhaps less grounded in a classic or "typical" garment than some of our other offerings, I hope it'll appear in all manner of interesting materials over the years.

gnu

Reaction score
Paul, will you all be releasing a heavy tweed version of the SB3 or SB1 this winter?

02///M3

Reaction score
Quick question - do you guys deduct VAT for orders outside the UK/EU? If so, how does that work when checking out on the website?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick question - do you guys deduct VAT for orders outside the UK/EU? If so, how does that work when checking out on the website?

We do indeed.

But being as our website is in some ways a primitive beast, please send an email to [email protected], and I can explain exactly how.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Paul, will you all be releasing a heavy tweed version of the SB3 or SB1 this winter?

Afraid not, no -- not quite.

We have just today at https://www.sehkelly.com/sb3-jacket/ released a new version of the SB3 in a merino-wool twill.

Not a heavy tweed by any stretch -- but a mid-weight woollen all the same, very soft and quite warm. Just the right sort of thickness to be worn under something else, without bulking things up too much.

Aside from the new balmacaan, we haven't used much by way of tweed this year. Plain woollens and heavy twills seem for some reason more up our street this year.

Paul

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have been threatening the return of the balmacaan for a few weeks now -- and now, here it is.

There are two colours. Both of them are a thick herringbone tweed from County Donegal. There's a monochrome one, flecked through with nepps of white and grey; and a tobacco-brown one (my favourite) which is replete with all manner of autumn-shaded flecks, which are so cheering I could look at them for hours.

balmacaan-brown-herringbone-donegal-tweed-worn-4.jpg
balmacaan-brown-herringbone-donegal-tweed-worn-1.jpg
balmacaan-brown-herringbone-donegal-tweed-worn-6.jpg
balmacaan-brown-herringbone-donegal-tweed-worn-3.jpg

The cloth, though thick, is actually quite light. The mill prefers to use softer, chunkier yarns, more loosely woven.

Not to say that the cloth is a loose weave, or anything but a robust, hard-wearing winter material. But nor is it the solid, dense type of tweed found in more northerly parts of the Isles.

https://www.sehkelly.com/balmacaan/ is where I elected to put them.

Paul

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To my surprise, the grey version of the balmacaan is outstripping its tobacco counterpart.

balmacaan-grey-herringbone-donegal-tweed-12.jpg
balmacaan-grey-herringbone-donegal-tweed-7.jpg
balmacaan-grey-herringbone-donegal-tweed-6.jpg
balmacaan-grey-herringbone-donegal-tweed-3.jpg
balmacaan-grey-herringbone-donegal-tweed-2.jpg

Goes to show I know even less than I thought.

Paul

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do I want another grey herringbone jacket, definitely yes, do I need another one, that's the harder question...

paddymac

Reaction score
To my surprise, the grey version of the balmacaan is outstripping its tobacco counterpart.

View attachment 846934 View attachment 846935 View attachment 846936 View attachment 846937 View attachment 846938

Goes to show I know even less than I thought.

Paul

I believe my friend also picked the grey instead of brown. perhaps you did similar brown few years back and the grey is a brand new colour way?

But then and again, after surfing the net, it seems like alot of other brands do a similar grey herringbone coat and brown herringbone tweeds are far and few between......

decisions.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I believe my friend also picked the grey instead of brown. perhaps you did similar brown few years back and the grey is a brand new colour way?

That's true.

One of the reasons we made the balmacaan this year in a cloth very similar to the one a couple of years back is that, first time round, it wasn't made available to our stockists in Japan. And so we sort of agreed with them to give it another go.

That being said, the brown of this year vs. that of two years ago is darker and richer. It has a weft of black, rather than the charcoal of old, and so it has a sleeker, slightly more refined air about it.

The grey this year, funnily enough, is closer to the previous brown than is the brown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads