• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PrinceRupert

Reaction score
20231108_095938.jpg

A quick pic to show what I mean about the collar splaying out a bit on the right hand side - probably as you say due to the soft jacket.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the photo.

You're absolutely right: the soft jacket and the unstructured nature of the shirt collar contribute to the effect.

A heavily fused collar would be more obedient. Likewise a button-down collar.

You might find the collar loses some of its natural curve and bounce after a few washes.

Nonetheless, it still looks nice!

Last edited:

PrinceRupert

Reaction score
Thanks Paul. I liked the shirt such that I've just ordered a trench, noticing that it was not in stock in L last week and now is, so don't want to miss out!

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently discovered S.E.H. Kelly and I am impressed with their, style, design and (Paul's) responsiveness. My three style words are: elegant, classic and distinctive. SEHK satisfies all three.

I missed out on the slim and dress trousers, but I ordered the Hunting Jacket and the Crewneck.

I am looking forward to the dress trousers coming back.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I recently discovered S.E.H. Kelly and I am impressed with their, style, design and (Paul's) responsiveness. My three style words are: elegant, classic and distinctive. SEHK satisfies all three.

I missed out on the slim and dress trousers, but I ordered the Hunting Jacket and the Crewneck.

I am looking forward to the dress trousers coming back.

Thanks so much for the custom and kind words.

Elegant, classic, and distinctive are three qualities with which I am personally not readily associated, unless people have been holding back their feelings about me all these years, but it is very heartening to receive them in respect to our company.

The hunting jacket is one of the best we've ever been able to muster, and I'll enjoy packing it all up tomorrow.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the custom and kind words.

Elegant, classic, and distinctive are three qualities with which I am personally not readily associated, unless people have been holding back their feelings about me all these years, but it is very heartening to receive them in respect to our company.

The hunting jacket is one of the best we've ever been able to muster, and I'll enjoy packing it all up tomorrow.
Paul, those words are aspirational for me personally. 😄

My goal is to only acquire items that satisfy those three qualities. In my estimation, the items that your firm sells absolutely meet the criteria.

BTW, the About page on your site makes it very clear that those are your goals as well.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Paul, those words are aspirational for me personally. 😄

My goal is to only acquire items that satisfy those three qualities. In my estimation, the items that your firm sells absolutely meet the criteria.

BTW, the About page on your site makes it very clear that those are your goals as well.

Cheers!

We take our lead from the stereotypical styles of the classic Englishman's wardrobe, and develop our versions of them from scratch, in a precise and orderly fashion, ensuring always the fundamentals of good shape and balance are in place (you tend to find "taking inspiration from a vintage style" which itself was "taking inspiration from a vintage style" compounds already quite compounded inadequacies).

But then we try our best to reinterpret the classic styles a little — have fun with them, subvert or modernise or re-think certain aspects of them, to make them more enjoyable to wear, more useful, or just generally more fun and interesting and hopefully not like the others.

Last edited:

Adielm

Reaction score
Hi Paul,
Do you have any plans for another knit crewneck or an update on the work pants? I love your designs and can’t wait for my field pants to arrive but I missed the XL sizes on allot of your other styles

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Paul,
Do you have any plans for another knit crewneck or an update on the work pants? I love your designs and can’t wait for my field pants to arrive but I missed the XL sizes on allot of your other styles

We will have lots of work trousers early next year, hopefully, in a few sensible, practical, everyday cottons.

Nothing until then, though (though more field trousers and dress trousers this month).

And the crewneck — we have some more of the basalt (dark grey) colour in work now, hopefully for completion in a few weeks. That's that, though. And then the gansey is coming back, which is our rollneck style, almost very warm and winter-proof, due later in the month.

Padraic

Reaction score
Hi Paul,
would you happen to have any updates regarding the shirting you mentioned some time ago? I'm looking forward to it!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Paul,
would you happen to have any updates regarding the shirting you mentioned some time ago? I'm looking forward to it!

Yessir -- we've got a good bunch of newly made shirts, ready to be photographed over the next couple of weeks. Some are spread collars made in corduroy, some standard collars in moleskin, and then a few weeks after that, we'll have some with a new button-down collar in lightweight (but still cosy) needlecord.

Happy to drop you a line when they're a little closer to completion, if you like?

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will have lots of work trousers early next year, hopefully, in a few sensible, practical, everyday cottons.

Nothing until then, though (though more field trousers and dress trousers this month).

And the crewneck — we have some more of the basalt (dark grey) colour in work now, hopefully for completion in a few weeks. That's that, though. And then the gansey is coming back, which is our rollneck style, almost very warm and winter-proof, due later in the month.
Hi Paul, please do update us when the trousers come in this month. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member