• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mke94

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Thats a beautiful color for the hunting jacket, will other colors be available?

Also how will the fit be like?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It'll be a relaxed-fitting jacket.

Similar to the docket jacket ...

donkey-jacket-woollen-melton-cotton-black-worn-1@2x.jpeg
donkey-jacket-woollen-melton-cotton-tobacco-worn-2@2x.jpeg
donkey-jacket-woollen-melton-cotton-tobacco-worn-3@2x.jpeg

It has a different style to the donkey jacket, with regards to how it slots together, but in terms of shoulder shape and body length and sleeve width — plus the ability to slink it a couple of layers — that's what it reminds me of and it will be in much the same vein. That's what we're working towards!

I wear a donkey jacket almost all the time from autumn to spring and if I can bring the reassuring easiness of the experience to others I will be pleased. The shoulders of the hunting jacket are the same as the balmacaan, too, so it'll have a similar line to that, I should think.

This is just a development sample. We haven't yet settled on cloth or colours for the final release.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will the cotton linen hopsack work jackets make a return next year Paul? Any new models in planning for summertime yet?

They're not, no -- not next year at least. The cloth has actually been discontinued, too, by the mill that supplies it, so we'll be looking elsewhere for the work jacket the next time it gets a run-out.

The paddock jacket, hunting jacket, and fishing jacket will all appear some time between now and summer (hopefully much closer to NOW than summer).

The pyjama jacket might make a return, too, and maybe one other, depending on how the aforementioned fare.

So we'll be well-covered for jackets, I think, over the next few months! But we'll see -- we're always keeping an eye on things, so if we find ourselves short or there's a clamour for this or that, we're always all ears.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In other less pleasing news, a delay on the making of the horn toggles means the duffle coat in Herdwick tweed is unlikely to make the cut this year.

It's looking more like it'll be one for next year instead.

It does now beg the question, however, "what to do with five very, very chunky rolls of recently woven Herdwick tweed?"

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
In other less pleasing news, a delay on the making of the horn toggles means the duffle coat in Herdwick tweed is unlikely to make the cut this year.

It's looking more like it'll be one for next year instead.

It does now beg the question, however, "what to do with five very, very chunky rolls of recently woven Herdwick tweed?"
That sounds like a very interesting question to answer! 👀👀

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
What sort of colour is the cloth? I’d have thought Peacoat, Tielocken (maybe they need to be longer pieces?), donkey jacket (if there was suitable canvas around as well), or perhaps reviving something older?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Always happy to provide ideas, if a few of them happen to be good, that’s a bonus. If you had some like that light sheep it could solve the issue of the lack of grey tielockens in sizes below the very large.

I really like the idea of the tielocken in Herdwick tweed but I think it's an idea for next year or the one after.

The peacoat is still in pole position: it'll fill the hole left behind by the "gone too soon" khaki version.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sauteurs