• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RULES for the tall and skinny man

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how is marc jacobs mainline quality and fit for a skinny tall guy? I'm 6'2" with long ass arms

Da GOAT

Reaction score
I'm 6 6, eton shirts are my new fave. Slim line, no need to tailor. Suit supply suits I bought are great buys. Before online and having spare cash for clothes it was tough.

Joining this forum I've spent a pretty penny on rebuilding the wardrobe.

lyxicon

Reaction score
I don't agree with the chino rule. I'm extremely skinny (135 lbs, 6'1'') but J Crew 484 chinos fit great on me. They are cut even slimmer than their "urban slim fit" chinos and you can even order them online in 37 inseams and have it hemmed to your ideal length for a few bucks.

Last edited:

Big Texas

Reaction score
For those who've attained certified baller status, Kiton shirts (at least those made for the European market) work really well for the tall and skinny. I have a handful that fit my 6'3 / 160 frame extremely well, right out of the box, minimal to no alterations required.

For those of us still on planet Earth, i.e., probably most of us, Ralph Lauren's "custom fit" seems to have gotten noticeably trimmer this year. I picked up a few Blue Label sport and dress shirts on deep discount a few months back -- basically got them for a song -- and to my surprise, they needed very, very minor alterations at most. This ran contrary to all of my previous experiences with Blue Label, even Custom Fit Blue Label, which has traditionally been cut very generously.

Da GOAT

Reaction score
Where you guys finding good trousers? I'm a 37 waist so I get 38 then tailor. Inseam of 36-37 is tough to get, anyone know any websites?

I'm tempted to get j crew unhemmed chinos but trousers are more of a wardrobe requirement.

JakeyyB

Reaction score
Im currently 6'5 and weigh in at 165 pounds, very slim so medium t shirts fit me best in chest, arms and shoulders but I need atleast a large for length usually!

This is my first post on this forum so I'm not sure if its predominantly UK or US members but I've recently started buying 'small' oversized t-shirts from top man, which are slim but very long and fit great.

I can still get away with the occasional medium t shirt from river island and a few other places however, which is weird cause most people of my height always wear large?

I also fit into 32" long jeans so no problem there.

I'm just wondering if I've stopped growing! 19 and 6'5, was about 6'4 last summer so grown an inch, when did you taller guys finish growing. I really don't want to get taller as clothes will become even more of a pain. When I was 6'3-6'4 I didn't have a problem with any types of clothing.

Taka

Reaction score
For those who've attained certified baller status, Kiton shirts (at least those made for the European market) work really well for the tall and skinny. I have a handful that fit my 6'3 / 160 frame extremely well, right out of the box, minimal to no alterations required.

For those of us still on planet Earth, i.e., probably most of us, Ralph Lauren's "custom fit" seems to have gotten noticeably trimmer this year. I picked up a few Blue Label sport and dress shirts on deep discount a few months back -- basically got them for a song -- and to my surprise, they needed very, very minor alterations at most. This ran contrary to all of my previous experiences with Blue Label, even Custom Fit Blue Label, which has traditionally been cut very generously.
Im about your size,
for sure going to look into that

size0l

Reaction score
My son is very skinny, and though he's not too tall, yet (16 years and 5'10"), he needs a long inseam. We've always had difficulty finding pants for him but now that he's outgrown children's adjustable waist sizes, it's become even more difficult. He needs a size 28W" x 34"L. Most of the 28"W pants out there have only a 28" or 30" inseam (not denim - I agree that that's available in a lot of sizes).

Since we both have the problem of finding pants that fit the skinny and long-legged, we've decided to make our own. If you're still looking for pants in non-mass-merchandise sizes, please see our new kickstarter project to have small quantities of pants made in sizes that are not widely available. Let us know what size you'd like to see made. We're hoping to offer something less expensive than bespoke with with an almost custom fit.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1845339192/hope-for-the-pants-size-challenged

Good luck to us all on our pants search!

Wade

Reaction score
My son is very skinny, and though he's not too tall, yet (16 years and 5'10"), he needs a long inseam. We've always had difficulty finding pants for him but now that he's outgrown children's adjustable waist sizes, it's become even more difficult. He needs a size 28W" x 34"L. Most of the 28"W pants out there have only a 28" or 30" inseam (not denim - I agree that that's available in a lot of sizes).

Since we both have the problem of finding pants that fit the skinny and long-legged, we've decided to make our own. If you're still looking for pants in non-mass-merchandise sizes, please see our new kickstarter project to have small quantities of pants made in sizes that are not widely available. Let us know what size you'd like to see made. We're hoping to offer something less expensive than bespoke with with an almost custom fit.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1845339192/hope-for-the-pants-size-challenged

Good luck to us all on our pants search!
5'10 person does not need 34 inseam.

size0l

Reaction score
I know, seems wrong, but it isn't...just depends on the length of the legs! We've tried 32" and they're too short - although I do agree that sometimes the 32" inseam is not quite 32...it's just a number on the tag.

vsound

Reaction score
I'm trying to determine my ideal shorts length. Attached are pictures of 9" (the standard) and 11" (the long).

I'm 6'1" and 140 lbs. I really don't like the look of the 11" shorts (which I can only find at J. Crew) on me. Of course, both of these fits hit me higher on the thigh than on the models.

Which do you like best?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads