• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubato

Iskander

Reaction score
My most recent order came in a plastic mailer instead of a cardboard box. Anyone else? With these prices they could at least retain the nice packaging.

Also kind of annoyed that the sleeves on the shirt I ordered are 3-4cm shorter than the size chart indicates. I need every cm I can get to cover my orangutan arms

lockstock

Reaction score
My most recent order came in a plastic mailer instead of a cardboard box. Anyone else? With these prices they could at least retain the nice packaging.
Yes, same with my last two orders. It is a bit underwhelming as at the price point I’d have appreciated cloth garment bags for the sweaters too, which were missing.

13.characters

Reaction score
I think I got plastic bags from the summer already for smaller orders or items. I don't mind it that much - smaller items like shirts or shorts, t-shirts, etc. is more convenient for me to receive in a bag instead of a box. Bigger items would be nice to still receive in boxes though, which Rubato still send in. Fireman's jacket had it's own very nice box it came in, will see if storm coat will have nice packaging as well. Some cloth bags would be nice, of course, as a nicer packaging, but again, I don't mind smaller packaging for smaller items.

Does anyone have experience with the sizes of the Brushed Shetlands Sweater?

My true size is M. But I wear L in the Standard Knitwear range.
Yes, I had both L and M, but I settled down on M. My true size is also L, but for Shetlands from last season I tried both and found that the L was too oversize for me and the M was just a touch too small - but I ended up getting M and stretching it out just a bit to have chest 59 cm - which worked for me a lot better than L, which I received kind of stretched I think already, it was just too big, specifically on my back as the fabric was bunching up when I tried wearing it with coats/etc.

antoinezula

Reaction score
Hi guys,
does anyone know whether Rubato offer any discount for SF members or for first time customers? I'm placing my first order with them and I usually take advantage of 10% discount with other companies, but I don't really see they offer anything like that? thx for your help

13.characters

Reaction score
Hi guys,
does anyone know whether Rubato offer any discount for SF members or for first time customers? I'm placing my first order with them and I usually take advantage of 10% discount with other companies, but I don't really see they offer anything like that? thx for your help
They don't.

13.characters

Reaction score
1729879676419.png

I wonder if it's tailoring or some new outwear, overcoat? Possibly a bicycle :D What are your guys bets?

Tofer

Reaction score
Rubato Classic Belt for Sale

mspen99

Reaction score
On the same general topic - This pic (first below) is from a recent Mr Porter editorial piece "Everything You Need for Winter in the City -- The luxe knit". I've written them asking for identification, but nothing back so far. Anyone recognize it? I thought Rubato or Speciale but seems not. Maybe it is, perish the thought, the Row (second pic below). From appearance it looks cotton to me, even though it's supposed to illustrate "Winter in the city"... ?? I like the very slouchy very dropped shoulder with some stitchwork, and the color.

Attachments

• w1500_q80.jpg
    w1500_q80.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Mr Porter the Row Grohl wool and silk blend  .jpg
    Mr Porter the Row Grohl wool and silk blend .jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 11

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front