• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hm so those lounge pants from the show are french terry? Hm

Which look? The yellow ones are cotton/modal and come in dark khaki too
Sorry I guess that's unrelated but the ones on SSense are officially "sweat pants" and were in the show in red and black

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All of the Ssense stuff looks really really good. Looking at the runway stuff I was fairly certain it was my favorite Geller season and this delivery isn't making me think any different. I really like the Cupro shirt, I would wear the Sean Suit (RG is probably the only designer where I would be ok with a 100% poly suit), the shadow stripe shirt is really nice, the zip shirt is also awesome but I feel like people will really sleep on that one.
I would buy Robert pants immediately if it wasn't 95 degrees right now. I'm waiting for the leaf print photog shirt first anyway.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which look? The yellow ones are cotton/modal and come in dark khaki too
Sorry I guess that's unrelated but the ones on SSense are officially "sweat pants" and were in the show in red and black

I was thinking of the looks where the lounge pant were a darker muted color, in a range of dark blue/grey, which I think is the one on ssense. It looked like it had a slight sheen too, which would make sense on a french terry.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang I was looking at the sneakers on revolve last night. There's only size 45 left.

It looks like a couple of the shirts for fw are the oversized fit (confirmed with measurements). I have the illusion print shirt in my size and it is too small. Did that shirt run small or did all of Geller's recent shirts fit like that?

@OccultaVexillum Is the leaf shirt for this season or ss17?

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dang I was looking at the sneakers on revolve last night. There's only size 45 left.

It looks like a couple of the shirts for fw are the oversized fit (confirmed with measurements). I have the illusion print shirt in my size and it is too small. Did that shirt run small or did all of Geller's recent shirts fit like that?

@OccultaVexillum Is the leaf shirt for this season or ss17?

Pretty sure the illusion shirt is on the small side, along with the random dot

I was thinking of the looks where the lounge pant were a darker muted color, in a range of dark blue/grey, which I think is the one on ssense.  It looked like it had a slight sheen too, which would make sense on a french terry.  

I was mistaken, Vogue made them look black but they do come in blue, red, and charcoal. Probably the blue ones in the show with the sleeping bag coat. So I guess it's more accurate on NowFashion

Edit: also just noticed that the Sean pants and Robert pants both look like the hems are folded inside themselves so they look cropped but I'm pretty sure neither of them are

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All of the Ssense stuff looks really really good. Looking at the runway stuff I was fairly certain it was my favorite Geller season and this delivery isn't making me think any different. I really like the Cupro shirt, I would wear the Sean Suit (RG is probably the only designer where I would be ok with a 100% poly suit), the shadow stripe shirt is really nice, the zip shirt is also awesome but I feel like people will really sleep on that one.
I would buy Robert pants immediately if it wasn't 95 degrees right now. I'm waiting for the leaf print photog shirt first anyway.

Shadow stripe and vintage both look great

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

Raw edged jacket and coat from SS17
bounce2.gif

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any real life pics (non-runway, non-product shot) of outfits with the long button ups? I am tempted to try one out, but am not sure how to style it (and may just like the idea of it more than actually wearing it.)

Some dude on instagram wears his a ton, although the rest of the stuff he wears isn't Geller. Search for the hashtag robertgeller on instagram and you should be able to find it

flowcharts

Reaction score
Any real life pics (non-runway, non-product shot) of outfits with the long button ups? I am tempted to try one out, but am not sure how to style it (and may just like the idea of it more than actually wearing it.)
If you look through the thread (album link) you'll find examples from a few users. There are enough ways to wear it to make it a more versatile piece than you'd initially expect (e.g. when I don't want to go in full "long shirt" mode I'll wear it under a sweater with the bottom front sections tied up together).

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who gave feedback on the leathers/Fritz jacket. Finally arrived and it's great. Bondagey shoulder details aren't very pronounced in the way it fits, instead just being an interesting extra detail rather than dominating the look as I'd seen in a few photos

Are the creases in the leather there forever now, or will they come out over time? They don't really bother me, just curious.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads