• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not that familiar with the Geller line. I have one piece total -- the boiled wool officers jacket (think that is what it's called) from last F/W.

I am asking a serious question with no sarcasm: what is the appeal of this season's bomber jacket. It seems very nice, but for the uninitiated like myself, it looks like a fairly standard bomber and bomber jackets are fairly ubiquitous.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bomer jackets are one of Geller's staples and they usually sell well. The brick color this season is unique (do you know of any other brick colored bombers?) so I can see the appeal.

But I'm in the same boat as you in thinking that it's overhyped, and not worth the 5-6 bill price tag.

Yexu5y

Reaction score
Anyone have a size 46 Sebastian charcoal bomber for sale?
satisfied.gif

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its pretty much the exact thing that TOJ fanbois been asking for for like years...if only they knee about it....but no need to add demand with no supply

"Clean sf approved ma-1 in a tech fabric with only slight fill"

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bomber is fairly standard, yeah, but it pretty much hits every sweet spot:
- lightly padded for fall
- quite water resistant. Main reason I picked mine up, wanted a fall rainy day jacket.
- slouchy-slim fit. Geller really nails the fit, a lot of bombers are either boxy and oversized or fit waaay too tight (ToJ included). This has slightly dropped shoulders but is tight enough in the chest and arms it doesn't look sloppy. Spot-on
- unique color. I wouldn't have gone for anything other than brick
- big pockets!!

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nicelynice How is the weight/warmth of the jacket? It doesn't get very cold where I live. Can this jacket be worn in 65 degree Fahrenheit weather?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whaaaatttttt?!?!?
I kind of dig the fact that you would do that though. Would you be able to get the internal piece out? Or are the bombers just two individual straps hanging down instead of a single piece that goes through the lining like the baracuda?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Padding is light, ideal temp for the bomber probably around 15-20 degrees Celsius so, uh, whatever that is :)

Whaaaatttttt?!?!?
I kind of dig the fact that you would do that though. Would you be able to get the internal piece out? Or are the bombers just two individual straps hanging down instead of a single piece that goes through the lining like the baracuda?

Just two straps attached to the inside. Might just tie them together but I don't think they look great hanging there

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone with experience with this fw15 season Richard jacket comment on fit compared to your general geller sizing in tops/shirts? I'm generally a small in most designer tops, medium in slimmer japan labels. I'm typically a 46 in RG sweaters, 46 in regular fitting tops, 48 in the slimmer ones with pleated shoulder. 5'8", 160 lbs. It seems Ike some store models are sizing up for a better slouchy fit which I prefer, wouldn't want it slim. Help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads