• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Yes, this seasons Type 3 came out much smaller than previously. I foolishly didn't double-check them before putting the restocks up online, so I didn't catch this until we got some customer feedback. I can't really check them still, since we shipped out almost all pairs before I found out about this, but I'll try to get some details from Geller about what happened, and will update the measurements as we get pairs back as returns (if we do).

Has anybody bought Type 3s from other stores this season and found the same issue?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is why I still don’t have the off-white type 3’s. Sizing is always very inconsistent. It bought 3 pairs of black type 3’s before finding a pair that was the same fit as my 5-year fades, I’ve bought 3 pairs of off white type 3’s and they’ve all been excessively skinny (I figured type 1 and 2 mis-labeled as type 3’s).

I still really want a pair of the off-white too, the colour on them is great

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tonio028 the type 2s have always run smaller in the waist from type 3s and I've tried on multiple pairs. I'm a 32 in type 3s and 34 in type 2s. I couldn't even come close to buttoning up the waist on the type 2 size 32.

I had the same issue as Occulta, for the 5 year wash and black pairs 32 fits me perfectly. The black stretched out more so fits a little loose now but is good. The off white in the same size fit tighter and I have pulling on the fly area where you can see the inner placket so I've never work them.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
East Dane added the camo boucle sweater and the Lieutenant sweater, and are currently running a 20% off for order under 500 and 25% for over 500.

And Totokaelo added some stuff (navy camo night shirt is super dope, I can't think @conceptual 4est and @gdl203 enough for sending that my way).

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Purple paisley field shirt.

75450E8F-42B9-4148-8C75-778A05732FCB.jpeg

Fit
73BF3489-E1A5-4836-96F5-5876DFEE4CCC.jpeg

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@WBaker Thanks, I'm jealous of your oiled coat though.
I was hoping to pick up the Thomas coat or Thomas hooded parka but it doesn't looke like the coat is around in my size and I haven't seen the parka at all.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum Glad were even :fistbump:

I kinda wanna see that field shirt styled like they did Cloak's workshirt for 06, might look stupid but I see potential with the right fit.
00120m.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I think there's a lot of ways to do it. It's been like 90-95 here all week and suddenly today is 58 so I literally grabbed it on the way out the door cos all I had was a t-shirt (that's why I didn't lead with the fit pic lol).
I wasn't sure of the flap pockets but I ordered it because it was the only style the purple paisley pattern was offered in. And I figured if it arrived and the pockets were too weird I could just take off the buttons and pocket flap. It actually works really well though with the pockets. I think it would look good with the cargos from SS15 and the combat sneakers from this season. Throw the parka on top if it shows up, or the drifter coat from last season.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wearing an old flannel with awesome cuff/semi-throat latch details from several seasons ago. Feels good.

keanswon

Reaction score
@keanswon this is a special thing.

Greens going around, was the burgundy picked up by any retailers?

I'm not sure. Ssense has black. I've been wanting a burgundy long coat for years ever since this thing came out:

1.jpg

So of course I had to get the Thomas, despite the other two long coats I already own (and that's been downsized from five last year haha). It's really an elegant piece — slightly dropped shoulders and the button stance give it a relaxed cool look.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuricG