• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really hoping that the sample sale doesn't start during the long weekend. Don't want to be glued to my phone while on vacation :/

variegate

Reaction score
Gilt sold me Sepia jeans they didn't have. F***ers.
"Unfortunately while preparing your order for shipment, we found this item to be out of stock. You will not be charged for the item or for any related shipping charges"

Anyone else have them left in 52?

Phew, Barneys had a size 52 back in at $139.

Richard jacket arrived, however.
Now I just need a high-backed leather chair, a pipe, bearskin and a roaring fire.

Last edited:

hoodyear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoops. Ignore prease.
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

imhotep

Reaction score

Green and white GATs in 44 for only 99 CAD at gravity pope. Gone.

Keep in mind these run about a half size small. I'm a 43 in CP and MMM and I need a 44 in these.

The sizing on these was whack. I have a size 45 in the green/army that actually fits like a standard 43 shoe (10 US).

Willing to sell them for the same price as gravity pope + shipping.

hoodyear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sizing on these was whack. I have a size 45 in the green/army that actually fits like a standard 43 shoe (10 US).
Interesting...for me the 43 was just a bit short, wearable but not comfortable. Sizing up one was more than enough.

Anyway, the Richard fits larger than my cotton/wool one (maybe because that one has shrunk some?). Probably could have sized down, but I think I like it slouchier.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Interesting...for me the 43 was just a bit short, wearable but not comfortable. Sizing up one was more than enough.

Anyway, the Richard fits larger than my cotton/wool one (maybe because that one has shrunk some?). Probably could have sized down, but I think I like it slouchier.

I think that sizing down would have been a bad idea. The shoulders fit perfectly, which, any tailor will tell you, is the key measurement. I don't know your height, but I am 5'11" and am reasonably rangy, and for me, the jacket is slightly shorter, and the arms fit perfectly in length. I suppose that you could just alter the arms a tiny bit (it's not supposed to fit like a conventional sportsjacket, so unless you are going for a cropped look, I would not cut it passed say, 1" higher shorter than the base of your thumb, and I would actually recommend no alterations at all.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but there's still some threading there to keep the sleeves from overfraying.

hoodyear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but there's still some threading there to keep the sleeves from overfraying.
which I could redo easy enough. The navy is a nice contrast so I don't mind cuffing for now, but I may cut them at some point.

Thanks for confirming my feelings.

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same...I'll be at the cottage, so it'll be through my phone that I'd have to do the ordering

#firstworldproblem if i've ever seen one :D

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really hoping that the sample sale doesn't start during the long weekend. Don't want to be glued to my phone while on vacation :/

It won't be starting on the weekend. We are still in the throes of "OMG - inventorying **** and putting it on the web takes a shitton of time."

But the store is built out, shipping works, you can pay, etc...

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads