• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

breck81

Reaction score

Anyone else see the blue owl X rogue teaser?

I did! I'm guessing some sort of heavy slub denim in the strider cut. Just a guess.

And it looks like I will be diving into the towel game. As if I needed another category of good to buy;)

Question is, did you see the new S/S 16 Sashiko shirt teaser from Karl? Looks sick. I'm hoping it's a short sleeve jumper. Fingers crossed.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
I did! I'm guessing some sort of heavy slub denim in the strider cut. Just a guess.

And it looks like I will be diving into the towel game. As if I needed another category of good to buy;)

Question is, did you see the new S/S 16 Sashiko shirt teaser from Karl? Looks sick. I'm hoping it's a short sleeve jumper. Fingers crossed.
i have a feeling its the new strider cut but i honestly hope its not- i really like the back pocket details on the regular

the new sashiko shirt looks a lot like a shirt from the gitman FW2014 line seen here
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/explorer/item/2149030307/

2149030307_3.jpg

dsthompson

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am pretty sure the Rgt / Blue Owl collaboration is in the SK cut only...kind of a bummer for me, as that is a bit too tapered for my tastes...

dsthompson

Reaction score
I was / am in the market for a new pair of denim (since I've outgrown my Rogue Territory Slubs over the past month or so), and that collab looked like it might be perfect, so I e-mailed Blue Owl asking if they had any details on it. Whomever responded said they'd be SK only, but he could give me some more details if I thought that might work for me. Issue is that I'm a waist size 29-30 in Rogue Territory denim, but am 6'2" with a long inseam, so even the Stantons are pretty slim on my body type.

Speaking of new Rogue Territory, has anyone heard anything about FW 15 (particularly shirting / jackets wise)? I am completely in the dark...

boxdok

Reaction score
How do you'll size in Rogue Territory shirts. Most of my shirts are RRL and i usually buy a large in most of there shirts with a few medium scattered here and there. I was looking at RGT measurments online and for a large there chest and shoulder measurement looked more in line with a medium for most brands. It looks like i would have to sz up to an XL. but, I'm afraid that an xl will look billowy around my midsection.

breck81

Reaction score

How do you'll size in Rogue Territory shirts. Most of my shirts are RRL and i usually buy a large in most of there shirts with a few medium scattered here and there. I was looking at RGT measurments online and for a large there chest and shoulder measurement looked more in line with a medium for most brands. It looks like i would have to sz up to an XL. but, I'm afraid that an xl will look billowy around my midsection.

I'm a Medium almost across the board, except for RgT. I'm a Large in Rogue. I've heard this from other folks too. The Work shirts have a decent amount of taper so don't worry about it being billowing. The work shirts aren't meant to be tucked or buttoned completely, hence the taper

Jumpers are my favorite and they have more of a straight, not tapered cut. They are meant to be worn buttoned and or tucked, if I wanted. Out of a dozen or so RgT tops, billowy has never been a word I'd use to describe them.

The makers run even smaller. I'm a XL in those. I'm 6'1 with a 42.5 inch chest.

Go with your chest size and you'll be happy. Don't worry about too much material in the torso.

PS. A lot of the shirt will shrink a tad in the wash so that could alleviate so extra volume.

breck81

Reaction score

I was / am in the market for a new pair of denim (since I've outgrown my Rogue Territory Slubs over the past month or so), and that collab looked like it might be perfect, so I e-mailed Blue Owl asking if they had any details on it. Whomever responded said they'd be SK only, but he could give me some more details if I thought that might work for me. Issue is that I'm a waist size 29-30 in Rogue Territory denim, but am 6'2" with a long inseam, so even the Stantons are pretty slim on my body type.

Speaking of new Rogue Territory, has anyone heard anything about FW 15 (particularly shirting / jackets wise)? I am completely in the dark...

As far as FW, I've hear there will be plaids. Red/black and blue/black. I think there will be plaid in the western and probably a workshirt or jumper. Also, I've heard there will be a waxed/wool lined supply in "Stealth" black. I'm guessing we will see more of the slub for fall, maybe in a strider cut.

So word is plaids will be present and a stealth waxed supply. That's all I've heard.

gambit402

Reaction score
So I bought a pair of the Blue Owl golden edition collabs today. I currently have size 34 in my Stantons, but should have sized down to a 33 at least to be honest. Anyways, I orders the golden editions in 35 because they've been sea soaked, but when looking at the size measurements they're about a 2 full inches smaller in the waist. I'm a little concerned so I guess in wondering will they stretch much after the soak? Never had hnsanforized before.

brooks23

Reaction score
Copy/paste of my Reddit post about the sample sale today:

Wanted to give a quick report of my haul and what I saw:
I ended up with:

• Dark Stantons w/ Tenue de Nîmes leather patch (didn't know these happened)
  • Indigo Stantons, maybe a bit slubby? Older model with a bit higher waist.
  • RGT raw chambray work shirt
  • RGT rinsed indigo chambray short sleeve Jumper
  • GQCA chambray scout shirt
  • GQCA shop tees (x2)
  • Otter Wax beard oil
Total cost: $250. Total value: $1150

I got there just after 11am to wait along with about 5 others and the line grew to probably 30ish by the time they let us in a bit before noon. Karl was there, very hands on and happy to answer questions. It was cool to (however briefly) meet the main man!

They had almost everything RGT makes, minus some of the newest stuff. Just a couple things were extremely limited and seconds quality (including the brown chambray I was coveting, sadly). The vast majority of stuff seemed at least to me, to be first quality, which was awesome.

There were almost all the supply jackets (mostly desert, overdye and camel) and some of the sweatshirts. Denim was $80 & other bottoms were $60. I saw more styles and fabrics than I knew RGT has made. Really nice selection and decent amount of sizes, as well. Tops were slightly more limited than denim, but again, tons of options and sizes, which is not always the case at sample sales. Tons and tons of t-shirts from both General Quarters and RGT at $15/ea. GQCA had a bunch of random accessories and apothecary type things that ranged from $5-20. I noticed at least one GQCA x Ebbets collaboration hat, which is hard to come by.

There was a RGT x GQCA collaboration snapback in (what looked like) camel canvas. It wasn't really my style, so I passed at $45. If there were any other exclusives for today, I missed them. (EDIT: Looks like the shirt all the guys were wearing was available, too. It had STAFF in huge writing on the back, so not sure if the ones available to the public had it or not).

The older model Stantons were $10, which is absolutely insane. They had a bargain bin of what I assumed were worn/returns/super old models. This pair seems brand new.

Album: http://imgur.com/a/3Ifp4

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads