• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

davidw25

Reaction score
The chainstitch runoff on one of my shirts has come unchainstitched if that makes sense...its just two strings now. Is there anything to do about that?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

The chainstitch runoff on one of my shirts has come unchainstitched if that makes sense...its just two strings now. Is there anything to do about that?

IIRC, that's part of the normal evolution of a shirt like that. Embrace it, in other words.

ASpec818

Reaction score
Accidentally brushed a car tire with my new RK trousers and it left a tire mark. Couldn't spot clean it off. Is dry cleaning them a good idea to remove the stain?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Accidentally brushed a car tire with my new RK trousers and it left a tire mark. Couldn't spot clean it off. Is dry cleaning them a good idea to remove the stain?

yeah, unless you have some other non-bleach way to remove them. Dry cleaner definitely works though.

kthoag

Reaction score
I like the new dark supply jacket, but sadly, i'm not in the market for one either. It's sold out at SOP already. The thing I like about it is that it doesn't have the standard trucker design, so in that sense it's what separates it from the crowd.

Agreed. I just already have the Desert Wash version, and the Supply jacket is such a specific, unique style denim jacket that it seems redundant to have two versions of it. Maybe a waxed canvas of some sort. My next denim jacket will be a take on the type I/II/III jacket (I waffle between each, each day)

breck81

Reaction score
Agreed. I just already have the Desert Wash version, and the Supply jacket is such a specific, unique style denim jacket that it seems redundant to have two versions of it. Maybe a waxed canvas of some sort. My next denim jacket will be a take on the type I/II/III jacket (I waffle between each, each day)
Im a Rogue guy for life, but I bought one of the Black 3Sixteen Type 3s. It is the best trucker I've ever seen or worn. It does run small. I sized up one per everyones rec.

That being said, i see one of the Dark Supply jackets in my future. along with the Ecru and Bronze Trousers, and any other Western shirts Karl makes. So good!

movoblast

Reaction score
Im a Rogue guy for life, but I bought one of the Black 3Sixteen Type 3s. It is the best trucker I've ever seen or worn. It does run small. I sized up one per everyones rec.

That being said, i see one of the Dark Supply jackets in my future. along with the Ecru and Bronze Trousers, and any other Western shirts Karl makes. So good!
I'm actually deciding between the dark indigo supply jacket and the shadow 3sixteen type 3s. I like the type 3s' high fade potential, but like the supply jacket style more. Do you know if the dark indigo supply jacket will fade just as much?

breck81

Reaction score
I'm actually deciding between the dark indigo supply jacket and the shadow 3sixteen type 3s. I like the type 3s' high fade potential, but like the supply jacket style more. Do you know if the dark indigo supply jacket will fade just as much?
I would imagine the fades will be similar. They are both from Okayama, Japan. I believe Rogue is from Kurabo Mills. 3Sixteen may be the same mill, but not positive. They are both Blue x Black. According to descriptions RgT uses a 13.5 oz. denim while the 3Sixteen uses 14.5 so based on the weight, 3Sixteen may have higher contrasts due ot being heavier. Marginally heavier but heavier. So all in all similar fades with 3Sixteen likely showing sooner and maybe with higher contrast.

It really comes down to style. Whether you want Type 3 or Supply. I say they can both exist in the wardrobe. For me they are two totally different jackets, even if using very similar denim.

movoblast

Reaction score
I would imagine the fades will be similar. They are both from Okayama, Japan. I believe Rogue is from Kurabo Mills. 3Sixteen may be the same mill, but not positive. They are both Blue x Black. According to descriptions RgT uses a 13.5 oz. denim while the 3Sixteen uses 14.5 so based on the weight, 3Sixteen may have higher contrasts due ot being heavier. Marginally heavier but heavier. So all in all similar fades with 3Sixteen likely showing sooner and maybe with higher contrast.

It really comes down to style. Whether you want Type 3 or Supply. I say they can both exist in the wardrobe. For me they are two totally different jackets, even if using very similar denim.
Thank you. That was very helpful. If you don't mind, I have one more question. I'm in between a L and XL when I'm looking at the measurement chart for the supply jacket. The main problem I have when I go shopping for shirts is that I have broadish shoulders and slightly longer arms. The XL might work better for me in terms of shoulders but the chest size of the large works better. So my question is, do these denim jackets stretch?

Last edited:

breck81

Reaction score
Thank you. That was very helpful. If you don't mind, I have one more question. I'm in between a L and XL when I'm looking at the measurement chart for the supply jacket. The main problem I have when I go shopping for shirts is that I have broadish shoulders and slightly longer arms. The XL might work better for me in terms of shoulders but the chest size of the large works better. So my question is, do these denim jackets stretch?
The Denim ones, both Supply and Type 3, will stretch a tad in shoulders and arms. Whereever there is stress on the fabric you will see a bit of stretch. Maybe .5 in the chest or shoulders. This isnt exactly the same, but with their dark denim in the pants, they say it could stretch 1 inch to 1.5 inches in the waist. More stretch than their standard 14.5 oz denim or the 16.75 so since the jacket uses that fabric, id imagine some comparable stretching.

Im 6'1 with a 42.5 inch chest and i go Large in Supply. That being said, the chest works for me, but the sleeves and body could be longer. However i like the aesthetics of the Supply jackets even though i could use a tall size option. With 3Sixteen I went XL(as reccommended to size up) The sleeves and body length are perfect. For overall fit(In my opinion), the type 3 nailed it all around. Two completely different looks and fits. Both are great and serve different purposes.

kthoag

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm between the Type 3S and the Flat Head's overdyed black Type 3. Do you have a western shirt? Any thoughts on it? At first preferred the aesthetics of other western shirts but RgT's growing on me. Excited to see what other denims it comes in.

There are some great fade pics of Dark fabric floating around this thread and the net, though jackets don't fade as much as jeans do. If fades are your goal, all things aside personally I think the 3S is probably a better bet - the Shadow fabric is a proven performer in that regard. That said, the jackets are so different other than denim type that I feel like your decision should be based more on the style / fit. Just my 2cents.

I am of the opinion that denim shirts or jackets should not be sized to stretch/shrink.

breck81

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm between the Type 3S and the Flat Head's overdyed black Type 3. Do you have a western shirt? Any thoughts on it? At first preferred the aesthetics of other western shirts but RgT's growing on me. Excited to see what other denims it comes in.
I'm a big fan the RgT Western shirt. This first one has a great weight and is super flecky. Its really close to the fit of a jumper, perhaps a shade slimmer in the body.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads