• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes - Meermin (Ama last) http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2345
Socks - Pantherella
Trou - Armani

I'm sorry to say this last is not for me.

Anyone wanna buy some Meermins at cost (Size UK 7, free shipping, no duties) ?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G - that is AWESOME.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Justin Bhai, I will happily wear yours!

Jawja: 1. F*** you.

2. Pity they are too small, but I'm curious about the last - what's your issue? I like a shoe with a bit of room across the forefoot while still snug in the heel. How does "Ama" fit? Pepe at Meermin told me they had nothing for my deformed plates, but I think he was trying to sell me on MTO! What's your view on Ama and Rui (I think they're the wider ones?)

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
It really doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

Yeah, it makes your feet look like wide bananas. Which is what mine look like. So I'm wondering if it might be perfect! Answer my question you ignorant beast!

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Justin Bhai, I will happily wear yours!

Jawja: 1. F*** you.

2.  Pity they are too small, but I'm curious about the last - what's your issue?  I like a shoe with a bit of room across the forefoot while still snug in the heel.  How does "Ama" fit?  Pepe at Meermin told me they had nothing for my deformed plates, but I think he was trying to sell me on MTO!  What's your view on Ama and Rui (I think they're the wider ones?)

That's it! Talk dirty to me. I LOVE THAT!

It's not that they don't fit ok. I just don't care for it.

As for the fit the forefoot is fairly wide - but as you can see the widest part is fairly far back on the foot. I think the part that bothers me the most is that the rear quarters are very rounded from top to bottom. This leaves a bulging sort of shape and some room that I just don't need. All in all I'd say this last would be good for guys with more flesh on their foot.

Last edited:

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks - love the snuff suede with purple socks. Just not sure I can take the shape of this last. It really doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

You are right, they don't look good on you. At least in the pic.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very tasteful, justin.

G - i think i am indifferent to that last, dont love it or hate it, but the combo caught my eye, did not notice the last til you pointed it out.

Dewi

Reaction score

Shoes - Meermin (Ama last) http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2345
Socks - Pantherella
Trou - Armani

I'm sorry to say this last is not for me.

Anyone wanna buy some Meermins at cost (Size UK 7, free shipping, no duties) ?

Too small, sadly. Otherwise I'd gladly take those off your hands. My Meermins are on the Olfe last, and I think it has a more compact toe box, and is less elongated. It works well for my foot shape (wide-ish, slim heel).

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Olfe last, more compact toe box, less elongated.(wide-ish, slim heel).

Interesting to know. What do you mean by "more compact toe box"? Depth-wise, or more pointed...or? (I want to order from Meermin but I don't want to waste half the price in duty and postage for returns!)

Dewi

Reaction score

Interesting to know.  What do you mean by "more compact toe box"?  Depth-wise, or more pointed...or?  (I want to order from Meermin but I don't want to waste half the price in duty and postage for returns!)

The bulgey bit where your pinkie toe goes is more towards the front on the Olfe last. The forefoot is widest along a line that is more straight across on the Olfe than angled back to the heel like on Gdot's pair, if that makes sense.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Yes I think I get you. Thank you very much. Apologies to other sock-rockers for the diversion, but one more question if I may: any other lasts that you find work for you? I also have a wider forefoot but don't like a sloppy heel....if you have slightly banana feet as well I will follow your last choices with great anticipation!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads