• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Real talk: in stitches you would benefit a lot from a last like this.

very possible, plausible even. more than likely you might say.

he won't listen :foo:

I agree
I think he will, it doesn't have to be the budapest , Vass F or P2 would be perfect, C&J 325 is a fine last, 337 as well. All those look great on the feet irl.

this is all fine and well, but i just cant get myself to buy a round toed shoe. i just find the lack of angles unappealing. no hate to those who do, they often look great. but i just havent climbed that hurdle yet.

one day maybe, you never know. a lot has changed since i got here, much more will i am sure.

and if i do, ill be sure to blame thank you all profusely. :)

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is all fine and well, but i just cant get myself to buy a round toed shoe. i just find the lack of angles unappealing. no hate to those who do, they often look great. but i just havent climbed that hurdle yet.
one day maybe, you never know. a lot has changed since i got here, much more will i am sure.
and if i do, ill be sure to blame thank you all profusely.
smile.gif

Have you tried on a nice almond toe? Carminas Alcudia last is
inlove.gif

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm rich! I'm rich!.

Who dares to doubt this huh?
If your Jet set lifestyle, wandering with billionaires, 30+ shoes and counting, sockless shoes ..is not a testament ..then not sure what is? :hide:

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this is all fine and well, but i just cant get myself to buy a round toed shoe.
i just find the lack of angles unappealing. no hate to those who do, they often look great. but i just havent climbed that hurdle yet.
and if i do, ill be sure to blame thank you all profusely. :)

the classic vass/AH lasts are all almond shaped. no need to climb anywhere. you can thank me later... ...e.g. in bmore, hopefully.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have you tried on a nice almond toe? Carminas Alcudia last is :inlove:

not as of yet. mebbe soon.

the classic vass/AH lasts are all almond shaped. no need to climb anywhere. you can thank me later... ...e.g. in bmore, hopefully.

i hope so too :cheers:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who dares to doubt this huh?
If your Jet set lifestyle, wandering with billionaires, 30+ shoes and counting, sockless shoes ..is not a testament ..then not sure what is? :hide:

Srsly dude - I'm just a corporate working stiff who happens to earn a good living in the service of the rich and (sometimes) famous. Trust me, it ain't all that!

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Srsly dude - I'm just a corporate working stiff who happens to earn a good living in the service of the rich and (sometimes) famous. Trust me, it ain't all that!

just trying to give u a hard time.....btw is the real state baron you alluded to K.P Singh?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just trying to give u a hard time.....btw is the real state baron you alluded to K.P Singh?

:slapfight: :D

I may blab around here too much about work - but I'll NEVAR name names - that would be career suicide. But not KP Singh.

Off to slay the dragons another day.

Shoes - AS
Socks - Pantherella
Trou - Corneliani

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
noice! glad we got at 3 pieces this time. :)

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:slapfight: :D
I may blab around here too much about work - but I'll NEVAR name names - that would be career suicide. But not KP Singh.
Off to slay the dragons another day.
Shoes - AS
Socks - Pantherella
Trou - Corneliani

the trousers snuck into the picture. Glad to see the shoes cleaned, almost panicked when I saw them earlier.

on a side note, what do we think of these shoes for more casual wear. could be cotton trousers/linen sportcoat or just denim

http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-43186-sutor-mantellassi-brown-shoes-size-10-us-9-uk.aspx
http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-43173-sutor-mantellassi-navy-blue-shoes-size-10-us-9-uk.aspx

I am leaning towards the blue because I dont want it to be too dressy, definitely for a relaxed look
thoughts?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
road trip today, forgive me brothers.

048be905.jpg

e1cf369a.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads