• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dr P00b

Reaction score
My wife has a pair of the Adelaide. She wears them to work and does 12 hour shifts in the intensive care unit at the hospital. Loves them. They last a long time, are very comfortable and look really good.

Snorpley

Reaction score

Looking to get some boots for the lady - do any of you have any experiences with the women's models? She definitely wouldn't want a chisel toe, so was looking at the Macquarie model with comfort sole, Adelaide, or Turnout
+1 for the Adelaide. My wife has Craftsman and Adelaide. Craftsman have a nice, casual country look about them when on the girls (just my opinion). The Adelaide is a great all rounder. Be mindful that there are two width options on Adelaides. I've heard from a few different girls is that they run quite slim. Otherwise true to size.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife has a pair of the Adelaide. She wears them to work and does 12 hour shifts in the intensive care unit at the hospital. Loves them. They last a long time, are very comfortable and look really good.

+1 for the Adelaide. My wife has Craftsman and Adelaide. Craftsman have a nice, casual country look about them when on the girls (just my opinion). The Adelaide is a great all rounder. Be mindful that there are two width options on Adelaides. I've heard from a few different girls is that they run quite slim. Otherwise true to size.

Thanks guys. Does the Adelaide have an option for a rubber sole? My gf has some nice dressier chelseas, so there would be stompers. Hoping for something like waxed leather and the comfort option like I have on my craftsmans

Dr P00b

Reaction score
I dont recall there being an option for a rubber sole. You might be able to request it and have them made? Otherwise, when the leather sole wears out and you get them resoled I think you can choose between rubber or leather.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would it be safe to order my size in the craftsman in the turnout?

Haven't found a store that stocks my size in the turnout that I can try on.

kbuzz

Reaction score
USA resold options

If you don't want to ship you boots back down under are there any safe and viable resole options

I know the NYC store used to recommend Jims on59th street and b Nelson has done some great work for me in the past on dress shoes but any experience with the RMW's?

Thanks

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

USA resold options

If you don't want to ship you boots back down under are there any safe and viable resole options

I know the NYC store used to recommend Jims on59th street and b Nelson has done some great work for me in the past on dress shoes but any experience with the RMW's?

Thanks

Would love to know this as well, especially the rubber sole of CC

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
When ordering Kangaroo boots has anyone followed the advice on 'page 1' to either size down or go down in width? Every retailer I've talked to hasn't heard of anyone changing sizes btw yearling/calf and kangaroo. thanks

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

When ordering Kangaroo boots has anyone followed the advice on 'page 1' to either size down or go down in width? ย Every retailer I've talked to hasn't heard of anyone changing sizes btw yearling/calf and kangaroo. ย thanks

I ordered kangaroo and yearling boots at the same time from Nungar and the only adjustment for size Steve recommended was based on the last, not the leather. I have the yearling pair now, and the fit is very good based on Steve's advice. Have yet to receive the kangaroo boots, so I can't say if Steve's right or not on them. My guess is that he will be assuming the more chiseled toe RM Williams last works for me.

But I do have other kangaroo shoes and I honestly can't see why I'd wear a different size in them than I do in other leathers.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted your advice here. I just purchased a new pair of RM Craftsman Yerling's. There is quite a notable dent/groove/nick on left boot on the heal. I purchased them online. Would you consider this acceptable, worth following up?

Perhaps you've already made your decision, but I think this is just where the welt ends (it's not a continuous loop). There's always a joint, and it's more visible on some shoes than others.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Perhaps you've already made your decision, but I think this is just where the welt ends (it's not a continuous loop). There's always a joint, and it's more visible on some shoes than others.

Yep this is the welt coming together, that's actually a fairly clean one. I'd say you're lucky that it isn't as bad as some of my (first quality) Aldens...there's no impact on structural integrity so if you're OK with the look then you're good to go

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads