• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LeatherBoot

Reaction score
I am a size 7 in RMW. I tired all of the available craftsman models including the signature and they fit consistently with the comfort models being a bit tighter inside though I was still clearly a 7. I have wide feet and a high instep and they fit me really well. I am a 7 in EG Galway. A 6.5 in the Zonkey Boot sailor last and a 6.5 in the Meermin Hiro last. I am a 6.5 in the CJ Ashdown (don't know the last number). I hope that helps.

Andrew Beck

Reaction score
You can order them from Australia from places like Aussie Bush Hats, and they'll end up being about $300 with shipping. I've ordered them and other than the wait (5 weeks for a MTO), it was all painless.

LeatherBoot

Reaction score

Well, I have no frame of reference for those shoes :p but thanks!

Sorry! I am size 7 in the Carmina Forest and Simpson lasts.

You can order them from Australia from places like Aussie Bush Hats, and they'll end up being about $300 with shipping. I've ordered them and other than the wait (5 weeks for a MTO), it was all painless.

Thanks for the tip! I am inquiring about a Craftsman in Vesta with a screw sole. Also does anyone know if they do a waterproof sole?

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone know if the NYC store still exists?

It's been closed for over a year. I've heard (from this thread and from the place in NYC RM told me to send my shoes to be resoled) that they would be opening again sometime. Not sure when though.

Monopulsante

Reaction score
Hi,
Went to try on Comfort Craftsman Bark the other day at a RM Store. The Bark is a seasonal boot un buffalo(??), weird thing is I'm a 10G is bark but 10F in yearling. The very helpful assistant told me they've found the bark to be a slimmer fit..... just found this interesting since they're all made on same last...? I get that they're part handmade part machine so no two pairs will be the same. Not a complaint just an observation.

Also rrp in RM stores are $440 but you can often find them cheaper online. Where do you guys normally shop?. I'm in Aus BTW.

Thanks

Andrew Beck

Reaction score
Hi,
Went to try on Comfort Craftsman Bark the other day at a RM Store. The Bark is a seasonal boot un buffalo(??), weird thing is I'm a 10G is bark but 10F in yearling. The very helpful assistant told me they've found the bark to be a slimmer fit..... just found this interesting since they're all made on same last...? I get that they're part handmade part machine so no two pairs will be the same. Not a complaint just an observation.

Also rrp in RM stores are $440 but you can often find them cheaper online. Where do you guys normally shop?. I'm in Aus BTW.

Thanks
My guess is the bark is a thicker leather, which makes you have to go slightly wider.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what a stockman in rum or that burgundy-ish wine colour with an unstained/natural sole looks like

Last edited:

Bullitt

Reaction score
Recently, I bought a new pair of RMW Comfort Craftsman boots. This is my second pair. My first pair I bought about five years ago. They fit well, were absolutely comfortable from the first day.

I noticed that my old boots seem to be wider and bigger - there is more toe-room. The new ones still fit, but are tighter and not as comfortable as the old ones, even though they are the same size. I don’t think this is only because the new boots are not worn in yet. Does anybody know if RMW changed the last or the sizing recently?

Here are some photos of both pairs next to each other. Old Comfort Craftsman in black, new ones in brown. Both are size 9G in Yearling leather.

Last edited:

bootboychch

Reaction score

Recently, I bought a new pair of RMW Comfort Craftsman boots. This is my second pair. My first pair I bought about five years ago. They fit well, were absolutely comfortable from the first day.

I noticed that my old boots seem to be wider and bigger - there is more toe-room. The new ones still fit, but are tighter and not as comfortable as the old ones, even though they are the same size. I don’t think this is only because the new boots are not worn in yet. Does anybody know if RMW changed the last or the sizing recently?

Here are some photos of both pairs next to each other. Old Comfort Craftsman in black, new ones in brown. Both are size 9G in Yearling leather.

Hi Bullitt,
Does the new Comfort Craftsman have a removable insoles? My new ones do and the insoles seem to alter the size a bit.

My old ynamic Flex Comfort Craftsman is 9.5H, while my old Comfort Craftsman is 9G.
The new ones I bought are 9G with the removable insoles, and it feels like half a size smaller. It's still new so can't really tell until I wear them in.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are these just a standard chestnut comfort craftsman? It may be the light but it just doesn't look like chestnut to me. it looks so much richer than a standard chestnut cc.

For reference, my black & chestnut craftsman:

bootboychch

Reaction score
I think that's right. It's not only you, other people have noticed the Chestnut got darker since 2008. I could tell the difference between my 2008 and 2010 ones.

The old Chestnut was almost like the new Dark Tan

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd swear by looking t it the blacks are a wide fit as mine are shaped the same.

Being a single piece of leather they will give in terms of width.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
normanlawrence