• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLBL Suit Price

cgurr

Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing a new RLBL suit for $700. Was wondering if this would be a good deal or not? Obviously it's a good deal but I've seen many others post on here of acquiring them in the ~500 range. It fits perfectly and I really like the suit. Proceed with purchase or keep looking?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$700 is pretty good. At least for me, I'd probably take it if they had in 40L. I recently bought a navy peak lapel black label sport coat for that price and I'm happy I did. :slayer:

cgurr

Reaction score
Its a solid black. I don't have a solid black suit so I suppose it would be fine. I'm assuming black is fine for work as well.

Thanks for the link as well, sorry about that.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its a solid black. I don't have a solid black suit so I suppose it would be fine. I'm assuming black is fine for work as well.
Thanks for the link as well, sorry about that.

I wouldn't go with a solid black as it has been covered a ton on this site. I think I know which one it is. It's from the RL store, right? Is it a twill-like peak lapel?

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing a new RLBL suit for $700. Was wondering if this would be a good deal or not? Obviously it's a good deal but I've seen many others post on here of acquiring them in the ~500 range. It fits perfectly and I really like the suit. Proceed with purchase or keep looking?

$700 RLBL is a good deal? :eek: Its so over-hyped.

I've got 3 RLBL suits. Navy micro-pinstripe wool, mid gray wool and khaki cotton. All at less than $500 and I think I overpaid...

cgurr

Reaction score
It is a peak lapel but its not a twill. And as I said I've seen people posting about buying them for ~500 but where are you finding these? I've searched A LOT and have been struggling. How is a fully canvassed Caruso not worth 500?

Also what's wrong with black? I know some people say it's reserved for formal events but I think thats crazy. If you look good and can pull it off then it doesn't matter to me.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

$700 RLBL is a good deal?  :eek:  Its so over-hyped.

I've got 3 RLBL suits.  Navy micro-pinstripe wool, mid gray wool and khaki cotton.  All at less than $500 and I think I overpaid...

Show me what you can find with better shoulders and cut, fully canvassed for that price. Especially in-store. And for those of us 38L, 40L Black Label is one of the few that comes close to that.

cgurr

Reaction score
And yes its in the RL store. You bring up a good point about being in-store. I've seen a few on eBay float around for about 600 but honestly I would rather pay the extra 100 to have the comfort from buying in-store. I think Chogall might be confusing good deal, with incredible steal. I really have searched for a while and haven't found a price in this range, especially in-store, as well as peak lapel.

Anybody else on why no black?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
IMO, yeah, $700 for a RLBL that you have right there in the store and it fits is a good deal. Most people buy at full retail... so if you like it and think it's a good sale, then it's a good deal. $500 is a crazy steal and I wouldn't expect to see that around very often.

as for the black color, well it is somewhat limited IMO, so if it's one of 2-3 suits then there are more versatile options out there, but if you already have a navy, charcoal, light grey, and some sportscoats, then sure, I'll go against the groupthink here and say it's a good buy.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And yes its in the RL store. You bring up a good point about being in-store. I've seen a few on eBay float around for about 600 but honestly I would rather pay the extra 100 to have the comfort from buying in-store. I think Chogall might be confusing good deal, with incredible steal. I really have searched for a while and haven't found a price in this range, especially in-store, as well as peak lapel.
Anybody else on why no black?

Theoretically, you could find a RLBL suit for $175 from the outlet if you used a 30% off coupon that come around pretty rarely. However, you have to be very lucky to find a black label suit to begin with, let alone in your size and the style you want.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMO, yeah, $700 for a RLBL that you have right there in the store and it fits is a good deal. Most people buy at full retail... so if you like it and think it's a good sale, then it's a good deal. $500 is a crazy steal and I wouldn't expect to see that around very often.
as for the black color, well it is somewhat limited IMO, so if it's one of 2-3 suits then there are more versatile options out there, but if you already have a navy, charcoal, light grey, and some sportscoats, then sure, I'll go against the groupthink here and say it's a good buy.

They have a bunch of different sport coats for sale right now around $500 I think. I even saw a 36R in a grey flannel on sale at the one in Boston yesterday while I was there.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeandthelostboys