• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rider Boot co vs everything else

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
thanks man, i really wanted them for like 2 months, and this thread was a last... i guess confidence boost that i couldnt of grabbed something better at that price, and thats with the fact that i have northcotes, if that was not the case the Peal n Co cordovans and Rider boot co may have been heading my way
but why in black!?!
frown.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and i like black, although really dark burgundy (color 8) may have been cool

it sounds like you made the best decision for yourself but you know I have a bias about a certain dark burgundy boot, in cordovan, due to arrive tomorrow...
colgate.gif

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think we shop at the same place... just saw those navy cordovan double monks and im speechless!
I had ordered them from a certain store in NY but I had also written EG about them. EG got back to me at almost $500 cheaper. Just an FYI.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
I had ordered them from a certain store in NY but I had also written EG about them. EG got back to me at almost $500 cheaper. Just an FYI.

yea i tried to contact ron but had no luck, im certain it would of been about 100 less if anything, however EG being 500 less is insane...

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeap went with the rider boot co. hope they fit, crossing my fingers, if not i'll be damn pissed

Did you contact Ron Rider before buying (he's a member here, though I don't know if he still checks in)? His service is second-to-none. Before I ordered from him, he sent me 3-4 pairs of try-on shoes, at his expense, so I could get the fit right. Though I was buying several pairs of customized shoes, I think he routinely sends try-on shoes so you can find the best fit/last.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
bounce2.gif

DSC01086.jpg

NICE!!!

Originally Posted by thinman
Did you contact Ron Rider before buying (he's a member here, though I don't know if he still checks in)? His service is second-to-none. Before I ordered from him, he sent me 3-4 pairs of try-on shoes, at his expense, so I could get the fit right. Though I was buying several pairs of customized shoes, I think he routinely sends try-on shoes so you can find the best fit/last.

I did but i guess he was busy... no reply
confused.gif

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NICE!!!

I did but i guess he was busy... no reply
confused.gif

Hi. Where did you send a mail to? The contact mail from the blog?

Regardless, apologies for not replying. I have been on the road much of this Spring and emails do have a tendency to build up and with as many as I get, it's hard to get every reply out. Many here also know that it is MUCH faster to get a reply by calling the office during the week. I keep the office above Franco's retail store, so the number is 804-264-2994. Many here will also tell you that I routinely give out my cell # to existing clients and they text me regularly with fast questions or comments. That being said, I also have to be careful as I get many crazy emails/calls from folks expecting me to spend an inordinate amount of time answering questions that have nothing to do with my business. Just yesterday a guy called, from his cell in a bad location, putting me on hold 3 times and eventually asking 'hey, I see your name on Andy's forum and I have some questions....are Alden shoes any good? How about Allen Edmonds? What do you know about Santoni? Who makes those shoes? What is _______?'. Honestly, after countless calls/emails like that....you have a tendency to edit unknown 'froms'.

It would be very odd for me, though, to not reply to a basic question regarding sizing or something like that. I know I have not been getting all of my mails recently as my largest client in NYC who I make private label shoes for, sent a note asking to rush a few pair from a 80+ pair fill-in order sent 4 weeks previously. I had no fill-in order from 4 weeks previously. He confirmed it delivered from his computer - I never got it. Would have missed the order if he hadn't of asked for a few pair to be rushed.

So, if you ever send a note and don't get a reply within a day or two - call me! I'm easy to talk to.

AS long as you are not asking me to sell direct for less than my retailers price, or are asking me about someone elses shoes.

That being said, I hope you enjoy the boots! Leffot did a great job putting that one together, and it is exclusive to his shop. I think he only has a couple pair left. 42 last is one of my best fitters, and the last Steven at Leffot likes best. We have sketched out new boots for Fall (not confirmed....planning stage) and it includes another color combination in that same boot - #6 Shell + matching Scotch Calfskin. I hope we confirm that version as the combination I think is great.

Cheers -
Ron

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
Hi. Where did you send a mail to? The contact mail from the blog?

Regardless, apologies for not replying. I have been on the road much of this Spring and emails do have a tendency to build up and with as many as I get, it's hard to get every reply out. Many here also know that it is MUCH faster to get a reply by calling the office during the week. I keep the office above Franco's retail store, so the number is 804-264-2994. Many here will also tell you that I routinely give out my cell # to existing clients and they text me regularly with fast questions or comments. That being said, I also have to be careful as I get many crazy emails/calls from folks expecting me to spend an inordinate amount of time answering questions that have nothing to do with my business. Just yesterday a guy called, from his cell in a bad location, putting me on hold 3 times and eventually asking 'hey, I see your name on Andy's forum and I have some questions....are Alden shoes any good? How about Allen Edmonds? What do you know about Santoni? Who makes those shoes? What is _______?'. Honestly, after countless calls/emails like that....you have a tendency to edit unknown 'froms'.

It would be very odd for me, though, to not reply to a basic question regarding sizing or something like that. I know I have not been getting all of my mails recently as my largest client in NYC who I make private label shoes for, sent a note asking to rush a few pair from a 80+ pair fill-in order sent 4 weeks previously. I had no fill-in order from 4 weeks previously. He confirmed it delivered from his computer - I never got it. Would have missed the order if he hadn't of asked for a few pair to be rushed.

So, if you ever send a note and don't get a reply within a day or two - call me! I'm easy to talk to.

AS long as you are not asking me to sell direct for less than my retailers price, or are asking me about someone elses shoes.

That being said, I hope you enjoy the boots! Leffot did a great job putting that one together, and it is exclusive to his shop. I think he only has a couple pair left. 42 last is one of my best fitters, and the last Steven at Leffot likes best. We have sketched out new boots for Fall (not confirmed....planning stage) and it includes another color combination in that same boot - #6 Shell + matching Scotch Calfskin. I hope we confirm that version as the combination I think is great.
Cheers -
Ron

Hi Ron,

Nice to hear from you and nice boot. I emailed you to your comcast account that i took from your blog asking if its possible to do a mto similar to the "richmond boot." But its no biggie, i figured you were busy making some cool designs. Nice to hear from you and see you back on the forum.

Cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads