• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Review of Archibald London Tan Anticato Cap-Toed Oxfords

Potatoe

Reaction score
Wholecuts are awesome. But there’s a big boot culture in the USA, especially on service boots.

@ArchibaldRoh thanks for the offer, I have enough shoes so I do this just to show people things the don’t often see. I wouldn’t want to put “pressure” during covid times for just another pair. I am also quite critical or controversial and even got some hate for my last Saint crispins review. Speculatively, it would have been an oxford or the wholecut in green shell looks good. If I may offer some criticism, the pictures don’t look appealing to me at least for the shoes (4K screen though). If your product is as good as you say sharper pictures will help a lot.

have a nice weekend everyone :)

Hi Kostas, it's a bit ironic you showed up in this thread because I almost bought a pair of Carlos Santos boots from you back when they were on sale. Not just that but I got a couple of emails from your company a few hours ago.

I hope you and the Archibald guys can get together on something, you all seem like good people.

Cheers

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Kostas, it's a bit ironic you showed up in this thread because I almost bought a pair of Carlos Santos boots from you back when they were on sale. Not just that but I got a couple of emails from your company a few hours ago.

I hope you and the Archibald guys can get together on something, you all seem like good people.

Cheers
Thanks, all I wish for is for all the nice people in this wonderful trade to survive ?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way is there a spec sheet somewhere?
1. Handwelt but machine sewed bottom?
2. Hand last I assume?
3. Leather puff and heel stiffener? (Or leather board or celastic?)
4. Tannery?
5. Oak bark tanned leather sole?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you post a few more picture in better lighting?

Here you go.

IMG_20210218_1416057.jpg IMG_20210218_1416113.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2. Hand last I assume?
4. Tannery?
+1 Would also like to know this @ArchibaldRoh
And heel stacks - stacked leather or leather board?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 Would also like to know this @ArchibaldRoh
And heel stacks - stacked leather or leather board?
Hi hi,

I remember I got the answers somewhere but misplaced them here are most of them for now:

Yes. Option for a hand sewed bottom available for an extra charge - So that makes it totally hand done.

2. Hand last I assume?

Yes, hand-lasted.

We moved towards stiffened leather in the end. However full transparency it was celastic in the very first models.

4. Tannery?

There are a few now given the offering has expanded so much. I am making a file for all this can share a partial view.

Here is an old answer I think Orlando gave you @clee1982
Valdarno Tannery in Ponte a Egola (FI), Italy. Our Shell Cordovan comes from Horween

Yes.

@clee1982 you have been pretty active on our threads for some time, I always assumed you had a pair...

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi hi,

I remember I got the answers somewhere but misplaced them here are most of them for now:

Yes. Option for a hand sewed bottom available for an extra charge - So that makes it totally hand done.

2. Hand last I assume?

Yes, hand-lasted.

We moved towards stiffened leather in the end. However full transparency it was celastic in the very first models.

4. Tannery?

There are a few now given the offering has expanded so much. I am making a file for all this can share a partial view.

Here is an old answer I think Orlando gave you @clee1982
Valdarno Tannery in Ponte a Egola (FI), Italy. Our Shell Cordovan comes from Horween

Yes.

@clee1982 you have been pretty active on our threads for some time, I always assumed you had a pair...
Thanks for getting back to us with it. Not familiar with that tannery. May have to check a pair out when my current hiatus from purchases ends in early April and see how they stack up.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cross posting this update here in case anyone stumbles upon this review by @JFWR

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads