• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kev777
This is what SF should be all about, a question asked and a fantastic concise imformative answer. No bloody snark or axe to grind and hopefully this is why SF will survive. NOBD your a credit welldone my friend.
teacha.gif
bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif

+1 verbatim.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind comments.

pebblegrain: I wouldn't use this particular colour on camel-coloured suede, it's really dark brown. Other colours are black, neutral and mid-brown (Saphir number 37). See here.

fritzl: what brand?

inimitable: I buy my Saphir stuff here (Dutch site). You could send them a mail; for orders outside the EU it says "on request" on the site. The site is not English yet, but I'm sure the owner speaks English.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
fritzl: what brand?

collonil, salamander(chain brand), coxy

luv2dance

Reaction score
Saphir is a good product but it can be hard to find. Another alternative that I have had a lot of luck with is Collonil's Suede and Nubuk Conditioner....I know this product is readily available in North America and the UK. This is the product that Allen Edmonds uses for their own private labled leather care products. Hope this helps....

Northampton Novice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luv2dance
Saphir is a good product but it can be hard to find. Another alternative that I have had a lot of luck with is Collonil's Suede and Nubuk Conditioner....I know this product is readily available in North America and the UK. This is the product that Allen Edmonds uses for their own private labled leather care products. Hope this helps....

I'd be interested to find UK sources for Collonil...

luv2dance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Northampton Novice
I'd be interested to find UK sources for Collonil...

I know the UK has a supplier but I don't know who it is. I am sure if you do an online search for Collonil UK you can definitely find some information. Sorry I don't have that myself.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luv2dance
I know the UK has a supplier but I don't know who it is. I am sure if you do an online search for Collonil UK you can definitely find some information. Sorry I don't have that myself.

I've done a little digging and as it turns out Collonil is almost as difficult to find as Saphir. Given the rave reviews of Saphir I'm more likely to order their products but will keep Collonil in mind.

Thanks for getting back to me though.

Lear

Reaction score
If you live in the UK and have reason to visit Paris, you'll find it on every street corner.

I've only ever used Saphir, having been a complete slob for most of my life. I've no idea as to whether it is actually superior, or whether people who purchase it tend to give more consideration to technique.

Lear

chloeh

Reaction score
Well done, they look great!

Can I just ask, though - has it affected the texture, at all?

Does the suede feel a bit hard, or 'crunchy', now?

Hans Cater

Reaction score
I used the right one: RÃ
00a9.png
novateur, colour 05 - marron foncÃ
00a9.png
(dark brown).

Sprayed the left shoe, brushed the right one (against the nap).

Both sprayed. The left on already dried a little and is a bit lighter because of that.

I'd use gloves. The spray is rather 'painty'. And I'd only use it on dark brown shoes.

After an hour:

I have two brown suedes and would like to change the color of one from brown to black.

Do you think it is recommended to use the RÃ
00a9.png
novateur, color noir, (black) on it ?

Or should I definitely give it to a cobbler to do the job.

Note that I am in the No Purchase Club for March and can't pay for repairs so I want to do it myself.

Are there any recommendations on what to do and how to proceed?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOBD;4043693 said:
saphirinvulnerenrenovat.jpg

00a9.png
00a9.png
(dark brown).

NOBD,

You are awesome! I've always been under the impression that once suede has faded then it's lost forever. Appreciate the info.

Now all I gotta do is find some in the U.S.

Cheers

Yika

Reaction score
k4lnamja;4180591 said:
saphirinvulnerenrenovat.jpg

00a9.png
00a9.png
(dark brown).

NOBD,

You are awesome! I've always been under the impression that once suede has faded then it's lost forever. Appreciate the info.

Now all I gotta do is find some in the U.S.

Cheers

The Super Invulner Spray can be found at hangerproject

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members