• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me a monitor

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for something around 22", either S-PVA or S-IPS. Anyone have anything they love for around $200?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you're not gonna find s-pva/ips for $200. My 24" S-PVA Dell was ~$700. IPS would be even more expensive.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw the topic and was about to post that same slickdeal

you wont do much better unless you switch to a crappier panel

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
Oh, you might be right. I confused myself with e-IPS. Still, anyone have a recommendation? Was wondering if I could do better than this: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...id=0&t=1421537
Dell occasionally has the 24" in the same price range. I've seen Samsung and a few others as well. Just keep an eye on the deals.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you use your monitor for? Unless you're heavily into photo/video editing, just get a big TN panel. I picked up a 28" Hannspree for $200-something and love the thing.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
I picked up a Hannspree a few months ago and have had no issues with it.

stirfryguy

Reaction score
The dell monitor I was actually considering purchasing also. There is a nice thread at hard forum and a couple of people have already recieved theirs. I personally am not a fan of Dell but the price is very nice.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1387587

Mine just arrived, the viewing angle is about the only thing on it that really stands out for me. The colors are good and the blacks/whites are noticeably better than my last monitor, but it's nothing I'd consider revolutionary. I didn't have a ghosting problem either.[

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stirfryguy
The dell monitor I was actually considering purchasing also. There is a nice thread at hard forum and a couple of people have already recieved theirs. I personally am not a fan of Dell but the price is very nice.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1387587

I am definately NOT a dell fan for computers.

Their monitors however, at least the UltraSharp line, are top notch. Dell doesnt make panels, they just package up panels from other manufacturers (AUO, samsung, etc).

If you look around at the right sites, you will find people who know which panels are good. For example, a few years ago, dell was selling a monitor (2005FPW or something) that was the exact same panel as the 20" apple cinema display (a monitor that was much loved by photographers). The dell however was available with special deals and coupon stacking from places like slickdeals for significantly less than the Apple

brimley

Reaction score
I have the 2209WA. It is an absolute beast. I cannot stand poor viewing angles on large monitors, even at 22" you will see color shifts from the top to the bottom of the monitor. With the e-IPS, you get consistent color response at any angle.

Color was fairly accurate before calibration with an Eye One, great afterwards. Good internet resources for improvements if you don't have a colorimeter. Nice build and features. Best display I have ever used, could not be more pleased.

Unless you absolutely require more than 22" or 1080p resolution, buy it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads