• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

toobasic

Reaction score
Stephan Schneider Amor Trousers

Patrik Ervell Pocket Sweater

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
spending too much time in the Mod-to-Suedehead thread. feeling very 1966.

Levi beford cord trucker

vintage Ray Bans

Kamakura Ivy shirt 3-button collar, 6-button front

Des boot

New haircut

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
also, sadly, at my new job im unable to wear the casual **** i actually like to wear, so been buying a lot of horrible dress clothes: rota, di barbuto, a tubo belt (shoutout no man walks alone), some alden leydon last flex welt chukkas, kamakura shirts, and a finamore shirt

doesn't sound too horrible to me!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please share your thoughts on that Kamakura and/or photos. Been eyeing that for the whole year thus far.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aero half belt jacket in black steerhide, so essentially this:

but in black, and since it's steer, a bit more grain, and a bit softer looking although it won't be soft for a bit.

It's a 30s style jacket, but it really reminds me of some of the jackets that Keith Richards wore when he was not yet mummified:

Also, an awesome Veronique Branquinho tweed bomber with a black jaguar in sequins on the right pocket, and a flaming heart with the words "love" on the left hand sleeve.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
heck yeah LA Guy. please wear an ascot or scarf like in that photo.

toasty, the Kamakura shirt is great. soft fabric, good construction and all the 1960s Ivy details -- if you care about that thing (I do). However, beware of bizarro sizing. I have two other Kamakura shirts and the fit is just hard to understand. I still have no idea how "Tokyo" and "New York" fits differ. I do like the collars on their BDs, but I'm not sure I'm the right body type for their pattern.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heck yeah LA Guy. please wear an ascot or scarf like in that photo.

toasty, the Kamakura shirt is great. soft fabric, good construction and all the 1960s Ivy details -- if you care about that thing (I do). However, beware of bizarro sizing. I have two other Kamakura shirts and the fit is just hard to understand. I still have no idea how "Tokyo" and "New York" fits differ. I do like the collars on their BDs, but I'm not sure I'm the right body type for their pattern.
Maybe a flat cap. Cheerio guvnor.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe a flat cap.  Cheerio guvnor.

Nice one Fok. I've been thinking of getting my first Aero myself, probably the board racer but I've been looking at the half belt too. Did you go for the slim fit version or the "original"? I guess you will mainly use this for riding?

Austo

Reaction score
Just placed the order for this burgundy Visvim Mies coat off rak. Been wanting a Mies for a minute and this is the best color IMO, plus it's got the cute cowboy lining

Only model pics I can find online are **** quality but it should be pretty neat

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads