• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever I try to take nice pictures they come out like crap.

+J

Post O'alls

Our Legacy

Pretty stoked on that last one considering I found it at Goodwill and its literally from last season.

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few things I ordered before Xmas finally showed

Needles western shirt

Feels a bit like a vintage item (in a good way). Heavier, more substantial denim than I was expecting.

And...

Soloist earth dye jacket and pants from SS12. Holy **** the pants. I hadn't quite appreciated the fabric was 100% silk when I bought them. I thought they were like, lightweight cotton or maybe a mix. I'm guessing it might be to do with the dyeing / fabric treatment but they have a really strange hand, silky yes, but also almost rubbery, like latex gloves or something. They're super light (and very comfy).

The trucker jacket is lightweight cotton, and beige tinged off-white (with paint splatters). It is very slim and very cropped. I think I can pull it off - but only just.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Ken P tell me about the +J vest, please. I never bought one but sorta wanted to b/c it kinda reminds me of cloak

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
normcore

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
ps nobody else buy the vest

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whoever bought this schneider holler at me if it doesn't work out

i finally took a picture of me in the vest today but the light was **** and you can't see where the vest ends and my jacket starts so i won't be posting it but it's still a trill vest. cool story ghd

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Ken P
 tell me about the +J vest, please. I never bought one but sorta wanted to b/c it kinda reminds me of cloak

It's pretty great I'd say and you should buy it (and sell me your nonnative vest). Navy wool flannel outer, kind of soft. Picks up a bit of lint but it's nothing a roller can't fix. The snap pockets are actually hand-warmer pockets and they go pretty deep. They didn't seem to advertise this on the website but it is reversible. The opposite side looks like a normal navy puffer vest in navy nylon with zippered hip pockets. You have a bit of wiggle room with what you can layer under it. If you want a tighter fit you can zipper it. If you want a looser fit you can just use the snap closure. You can see in my picture that I have it snapped and there's like a 1 inch gap between the sides of the zipper. If I use the snaps I can wear my Barena with a scarf and another sweater under it and that usually keeps me warm in 30-40 degree range. Definitely too padded to layer under anything. I don't see it on the site anymore but I got it on sale for like sub-$100 and it was definitely worth it.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ervell aviator leather arrived and holy hell is it nice. Really great construction, hefty material, lots of cool details. Unfortunately I just don't think it'll get as much wear as my other leathers, and I can't really justify owning 3 as a seriously broke college kid. Guess it's going up on Grailed tonight, or if anyone is interested just PM me here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads