• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zassiliss

Reaction score
Just wanted to put in my experience with Story et Fall--I bought one of the last remaining cemented sole sidezips. Within two months unfortunately there were some quality issues, as the shank came loose or something and the damn thing squeaked like hell when I walked.

The guy was incredibly helpful, and offered me a pair of the new goodyear welted version in a custom make if I wanted to pay the difference, or just another pair of the same boots once they started production (he told me early March), so I decided to get another pair of black sidezips in suede.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, on a much more minor note, just picked up this new style of sweatpant from Uniqlo:

They're awesome. Fit is great, fabric is a sort of techy-neoprene, zip pockets are cool, nice detailing like paneling and the knee darts, etc. Went with a Medium

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/me...tml#09|/men/bottoms/sweat-pants/sweat-pants/|

Takai

Reaction score

Didnt really need another Harrington, but this one I'd been eyeing for a long while. Julien David

First Viridi-anne piece, and I have to say, it feels much more versatile than I originally thought.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Spacepope and I met up a couple weeks ago, and I wound up popping his Barney's cherry at Copley Place. I was sorta surprised to learn he'd never been to one before, but it makes sense after you think about it for a bit. After all, wtf exists in the Colorado wastes besides devil goats, flax-seed-powered cyborgs, and an 8' tall shearling-fetishizing weeb???

Anyway, our resident droopiest flim-flammed his way through SLP biker jackets and RO leathers while I tried on pretty much every single Barena piece I could find. The fabrics felt incredible, and the fit was definitely cut to my jib if you know what I'm saying. I left the store with a really, really kickass Helmut Lang jacket (I'll post a photo once I get some free time during the sunlight hours this weekend), but I couldn't get Barena out of my mind.

Fast-forward a week and a half later, and I'm blindly scrolling through Yoox (of course) for no good reason. Lo and behold, I come across a ludicrously cheap Barena jacket... and now it's hanging in my closet. It is the loveliest. Here's a mirror pic with ****** lighting. I am satisfied.

5LXyj5x.jpg

I'll post about spacope and who adventures at some point if anyone's curious to know what the dude is like/ what we talked about/who on SF we'd ****-kill-marry.

And to those of you I owe PMs: I will respond. I've been incognito for a while, but hopefully that'll change soon!

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks good man, have you tried harris wharf london? to me the fabrics are even nicer/more interesting than barena

MA+ reverse camel derby
ckvOMfYl.jpg

Last edited:

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Spacepope and I met up a couple weeks ago, and I wound up popping his Barney's cherry at Copley Place. I was sorta surprised to learn he'd never been to one before, but it makes sense after you think about it for a bit. After all, wtf exists in the Colorado wastes besides devil goats, flax-seed-powered cyborgs, and an 8' tall shearling-fetishizing weeb???

Anyway, our resident droopiest flim-flammed his way through SLP biker jackets and RO leathers while I tried on pretty much every single Barena piece I could find. The fabrics felt incredible, and the fit was definitely cut to my jib if you know what I'm saying. I left the store with a really, really kickass Helmut Lang jacket (I'll post a photo once I get some free time during the sunlight hours this weekend), but I couldn't get Barena out of my mind.

Fast-forward a week and a half later, and I'm blindly scrolling through Yoox (of course) for no good reason. Lo and behold, I come across a ludicrously cheap Barena jacket... and now it's hanging in my closet. It is the loveliest. Here's a mirror pic with ****** lighting. I am satisfied.

I'm mad I wasn't invited.

Anyways, Barena rules, especially when you can get it for cheap on yoox. Nice buy!

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@spacepope may have been in one Boston, but it was likely not the same Boston in which the rest of you exist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads