• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
within the last month or so,
- eg grey hb truman suit (returned pants though, too warm)
- uniqlo black drappy textured jersey blazer
- moore & giles black textured leather briefcase
- cdgh+ dark brown croc long wallet

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
LOL!!!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LOL.  i bought a barba napoli shirt off shopthefinest last night when i was drunk last night. 
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif
no idea if it's going to fit, if i can return, or if it's even a good quality brand.... 
(i sure hope i typed the address in correctly)

They're pretty solid. I've been eyeing some Borrelli and Finamore. Perhaps @in stitches can advise.
CM kops :fistbump:

barba is excellent

Lolz.

Barba is indeed excellent. Probs have about a dozen. Love em.

Y no pics of kop tho?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Lolz.

Barba is indeed excellent. Probs have about a dozen. Love em.

Y no pics of kop tho?

That's good to know - Yoox often have them, and I wish I'd kept the one I bought last year..but it seemed so fragile that I could almost ripped it with my bare hands; I then nearly kopped it on 30% off plus free postage - a very good deal, but had a fever in bed and forgot about it until it was too late and sold :-(

No regrets: 2014 I'm starting afresh, having made So many mistakes in the past.

At least I bought (finally) my ring yesterday- no pics because it needs sizing, but I'll post when I get it, in a couple of weeks time...

Boots and leather biker ordered, but not paying until I've paid off one of my credit cards.

Ring is awesome - can't wait to get it and wear it 24/24

Glad I resisted new jeans (Just!!!)

When I've read all my other threads I'll see what everybody else has been buying - black boots looked nice - what make???, and heck out Yoox for Barba shirts and comment if I can add anything.:)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boots are premiata off of the corner

Dorje

Reaction score
Just got Ann D black coated jeans and they are very disappointing. The material is thin (est 8-9 oz) and low quality, about what you'd expect from a canvas painter's dropcloth. The coating is delicate and while I appreciate that it is supposed to wear down, this stuff would leave flakes of the black coating everywhere. Hardware and rivets are mediocre, no good details, and finally the tag says simply "DO NOT WASH".

I have a black coated Nudie jacket that is far higher quality. The Ann D jeans were $700 retail and I feel ripped of for paying $235. Luckily I can return.

I guess if you like AnnD it might be better to look into the used market for older seasons, I have heard the pieces are getting cheaper but this was over the top. Really disappointing.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ann d has never been really nice quality, afaik

everything i've owned from her has been just okay

Dorje

Reaction score
To be fair I have one Ann D top which is more than ok, the fabric is really beautifully textured and unique. But recently prices have been going up in many designer's collections and quality is being sacraficed to cut costs. I just can't believe there isn't room to make a top quality pair of jeans to retail for $700, Costco's jeans for $12 have better construction than these things.

OTOH, I just scored a pair of Devoa pants (barely used) and they do not disappoint! I could see buying more Devoa, but I'd need to special order through a proxy since I need size 50 pants and probably even larger tops. Or pay huge markups.

Last edited:

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Over the last month or 2.

Another EG C-1 vest as a man needs at least 2 of these right? Well, maybe. Might let the other one go.

RRL polka dot work jacket

RRL herringbone quilted over shirt

2 EG Shirts

Raf pebble grain derbies

Junya trousers

I should really post my thoughts in that retrospective thread but I feel that I have the basics down and want to try a few more adventurous pieces. The Junya trousers scare the hell out of me to be honest due to the fact they're cropped. I'm not entirely sure they'll work for me but I thought he totally nailed the patchwork stuff this season. Looking at them again is making regret not picking up the patchwork overcoat that DSM had on sale last weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads