• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real TR jeans?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm curious as to whether or not he actually thinks the jeans look good though I doubt it based on his choices of the two most accepted/popular garbage jeans.

Great Satchmo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I'm curious as to whether or not he actually thinks the jeans look good though I doubt it based on his choices of the two most accepted/popular garbage jeans.

I picked up a pair of sevens and I like those, as well as the pair of TR's. I like the TR's (and they are absolutely legit), but I'm sure they've been tailored and they may be a bit too short for me now...I'm 6'0". So I may hold on to them for a bit and see, otherwise I'll just toss them back up on a sale...they are in PERFECT condition.

They hit the tops of the shoes and get a little fold, but not as much as I am used to seeing.

Great Satchmo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pham
Get Tycoon's RRL's right now if you want good jeans. Selvedge, raw, and great quality (15 oz) for Japanese denim. Only 80$ shipped. You may not get these terms now but once you buy them and research the terms I just said, I think you will appreciate the true "high-end denim".

He has a size 29 which is vanity sized to a 33". I think that's the size you said you want right? Anyway, they are in the marketplace.

I just tried on the TR's that are 33's and they are a bit loose. I also just tried on the 7's sized 32, and they are good. What are the vanity's on these?

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fortysomething
wow.gif
That is awesome! A genuinely helpful answer to a question that doesn't fit the mold of SF!! We need more of that. May not have been what the SF consensous is, but it sure helped the OP.
cheers.gif
to whodini!!

I think whodini's statement was just sarcasm that was very misinterpreted, and happened to be of help. Or maybe he was being helpful -- Great Satchmo, what nobody has outright said to you so far in this thread is that to people like those who frequent Style Forum generally wear raw denim. This means wearing jeans that have not been pre-washed and treated for artifical fading. An example of particularly heinous pre-washed, artificial fading pattern: http://s7d3.scene7.com/is/image/eFas...front?$MKA-ex$ An example of natural fading pattern from jeans that were worn since raw:http://supertalk.superfuture.com/sho...&postcount=198 Also, to the large majority of Style Forum members (and other people), denim brands that sell jeans with artificial fading (non-raw) for a high price tag and taut themselves as premium denim (7FAM, TR, etc...) are considered gawdy, obnoxious and low quality : price ratio. There is a shitload of information regarding this topic... Frankly, most everyone who tries raw denim for themselves has a hard time going back to non-raw because one's jean pallate becomes a lot more refined very quickly. It is definitely possible to try raw denim for under $100 by buying from the Style Forum marketplace, but you'll probably have to wait for a while for something to pop up. For $150 you will probably be a lot luckier. It will also require some research as to what fit you are looking for, how brand sizing works, how raw denim works, etc. And if you didn't read any of that or don't care... in short you won't get verification of the authenticity of those TR jeans because people here: 1. Aren't well versed in authenticating TR jeans 2. Wouldn't give a **** if they were authentic or not because they do not like TR jeans Hope that helps.

XeF4

Reaction score
You would be better off taking this question to honestforum.

Also, some insult to the OP or 'mall jeans' etc etc.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
You would be better off taking this question to honestforum.

Also, some insult to the OP or 'mall jeans' etc etc.

you post/ lurk on honest forum?

danyllau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
I think whodini's statement was just sarcasm that was very misinterpreted, and happened to be of help. Or maybe he was being helpful

--

Great Satchmo, what nobody has outright said to you so far in this thread is that to people like those who frequent Style Forum generally wear raw denim. This means wearing jeans that have not been pre-washed and treated for artifical fading.

An example of particularly heinous pre-washed, artificial fading pattern: http://s7d3.scene7.com/is/image/eFas...front?$MKA-ex$

An example of natural fading pattern from jeans that were worn since raw:http://supertalk.superfuture.com/sho...&postcount=198

Also, to the large majority of Style Forum members (and other people), denim brands that sell jeans with artificial fading (non-raw) for a high price tag and taut themselves as premium denim (7FAM, TR, etc...) are considered gawdy, obnoxious and low quality : price ratio.

There is a shitload of information regarding this topic...

Frankly, most everyone who tries raw denim for themselves has a hard time going back to non-raw because one's jean pallate becomes a lot more refined very quickly. It is definitely possible to try raw denim for under $100 by buying from the Style Forum marketplace, but you'll probably have to wait for a while for something to pop up. For $150 you will probably be a lot luckier. It will also require some research as to what fit you are looking for, how brand sizing works, how raw denim works, etc.

And if you didn't read any of that or don't care... in short you won't get verification of the authenticity of those TR jeans because people here:
1. Aren't well versed in authenticating TR jeans
2. Wouldn't give a **** if they were authentic or not because they do not like TR jeans

Hope that helps.

I am not so sure, b/c there's a poll a short while ago and ppl still do have pre-washed denim around here. I for one don't always wear my black raw DH in the summer, neither would I wear the 19cm indigo that i just bought here and not too stretched out yet; it's just too hot. I am not a fan of TR, but I do have a bunch of diesel i accumulated. I found them to be pretty decent for washed jeans (without paying $700 for the dior homme's LOL), and they do still fade beyond.

PS. honestforum has a section for dry/raw denim too, i believe...

pham

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Great Satchmo
I just tried on the TR's that are 33's and they are a bit loose. I also just tried on the 7's sized 32, and they are good. What are the vanity's on these?

They would fit someone who has a true waist size of 33". Also, look at his measurements in his thread to make sure they are the fit that will fit you.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...d=30&Itemid=41

Here's a guide if you don't understand the measurements.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had a $300 store credit for Diesel, I could probably find something to get at diesel. Though, it would take a while.

If I had a $300 store credit for TR, I would never use it in a million years. There is nothing I would want to wear from TR even for free

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads