• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup totally agree - never really bought into the like leveling up, buying increasingly nicer things so that you can fully appreciate whatever you end up liking. Esp when things depreciate like clothes that just seems like a good way to waste a lot of money.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it was purely coincidental, and upon realizing ^that^ its been the reason for multiple, denied, username change requests, as I always thought it seemed pretentious

came about like this, I'd been on sufu for a while and lurking here so when I joined I though I needed an easy UN to remember, so thought:

can = canada (since I thought sf was mainly a canadian fashion forum at the time)

style = style-forum

ace = my initials

also regarding purchase discipline, yeah never settle, you will either spend more in the long run or you'll have to live with the regret and sense of being unsatisfied

not sure where that convo started, but totally agree, every time i bought something that wasn't "the item" i sold it.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
vimeo_logo.png

spent one hour stuck in traffic on the autobahn. holding weissbier in my bladder. then this song about rivers came on in the radio. friday the 13th... great song though

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Boston today and tomorrow, meet up?

Also got a speeding ticket. ******* speed traps. It's an empty highway. Let me do 85.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Laksa is the ******* bomb!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Talk about last minute! Don't think I can do tonight and tomorrow is Valentine's... and more snow.

No worries man. My gf and I had vday dinner this Wednesday. Did not want to get swarmed by other vday noons.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Laksa and Ramen are both superior to Pho.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe I never had good Ramen (maybe like once), but the portion is small and it is too salty.

pho4life

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Aussies get really good SE asian food (not just chinese but yeah viet, thai etc.) in many places though, AFAIK.

Now that the thread has been properly foodificated, maybe it is time to get back to the age olkd debate of pho versus ramen. I vote pho (more subtelty in the broth).

Maybe I never had good Ramen (maybe like once), but the portion is small and it is too salty.

pho4life

I'll go pho, but there's plenty of good pho in Philly and only a couple of ramen places, so I've had plenty more pho than ramen.

Udon's not bad, but I'll still go with pho for the broth.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Aussies get really good SE asian food (not just chinese but yeah viet, thai etc.) in many places though, AFAIK.

Now that the thread has been properly foodificated, maybe it is time to get back to the age olkd debate of pho versus ramen. I vote pho (more subtelty in the broth).
Any good pho in Paris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics