• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
shut up shut up shut up

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New DIY project involving my Ironheart denim moto jacket:

There are 3 options:

1) Thornproof the whole thing
2) Overpaint the entire thing black
3) Paint the arms, and thornproof the body, mimicking hat "leather sleeves on a fabric body" look.

Opinions sought.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

shut up shut up shut up
Same to you!!!
New DIY project involving my Ironheart denim moto jacket: There are 3 options: 1) Thornproof the whole thing 2) Overpaint the entire thing black 3) Paint the arms, and thornproof the body, mimicking hat "leather sleeves on a fabric body" look. Opinions sought.
Like the sound of option 3)!
1f60a.png

MrTony92

Reaction score
****. Got too drunk and lost my mmm cardholder and ID bracelet. Cardholder turned up, now I'm just trying to convince myself that I never liked the bracelet and that this is actually a good thing...****

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cp sneakers last 4 yrs? That is pretty good.

I have a lot of shoes, and even then they were pretty busted for the final year or so. The sole actually held up quite well but the stitches bust in the same way they do on chucks.

wore right through the sole on the margielas.

I just buy chucks now to be honest. They fit with my current tastes. I was never a big sneaker guy anyway. The other ones I like a puma clydes and stan smiths.

I would love some CP Bballs though. the original ones.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have always been a nike guy and I wear them pretty hard. Esp on vacations when I trek for a long time. Surprisingly most of my nikes hold up well and I have no expectations for nike.

Currently I want a nice leather sneaker and today in Maas stacks I saw CPs which I never considered until today because I thought they looked good.

Are they worth the $400 retail or worth looking around for a deal?
@hendrix what is sizing like?

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

New DIY project involving my Ironheart denim moto jacket:

There are 3 options:

1) Thornproof the whole thing
2) Overpaint the entire thing black
3) Paint the arms, and thornproof the body, mimicking hat "leather sleeves on a fabric body" look.

Opinions sought.

I vote 2

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorta leaning that way right now. I think with a fairly thin coat, since denim is not as textured as sashiko.

I had this crazy idea that I'd thornproof it, to make it water repellent, and then coating it with a very thin layer of paint, so that it flakes off, like the Margiela Converse. However, while I am okay at both using fabric paint and waxes and other treatments, that particular doulbe treatment seems... fraught with danger, to say the least.

Also flirting with the idea of sewing on a all black prowling tiger patch, but I can't find one that looks cool.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always been a nike guy and I wear them pretty hard. Esp on vacations when I trek for a long time. Surprisingly most of my nikes hold up well and I have no expectations for nike.

Currently I want a nice leather sneaker and today in Maas stacks I saw CPs which I never considered until today because I thought they looked good.

Are they worth the $400 retail or worth looking around for a deal?
@hendrix what is sizing like?
Honestly, if you are thinking of Common Projects, think of alternatives like Epaulet's, or something that is a little more interesting, like ETQ Amsterdam. I think that Common Projects are a good standard sneaker, but I feel that in 2014, there are many options out there.

Muri

Reaction score
Side note screw Bay Area heat wave!
I'm dying here down in Santa Clara. Pretty sure we hit 97-98 F during the day.

I've also been looking for some nice outerwear to wear when I'm in NYC this Dec. Looking for a nice fishtail parka with a removable lining (so I can wear it in spring too). I'm in love with the TOJ fishtail. Too bad you can't buy it from them anymore or I would definitely order one.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Honestly, if you are thinking of Common Projects, think of alternatives like Epaulet's, or something that is a little more interesting, like ETQ Amsterdam.  I think that Common Projects are a good standard sneaker, but I feel that in 2014, there are many options out there.  

Yes i saw the Epaulet sneaker run today as i was looking into CP and its a great alternative that i'm considering. Problem is I wanted something sooner then Jan/Feb 2015. I am on the fence about it for now.

they tend to run half a size big but it depends on your foot because they can be a bit narrow in places.

No, not really worth $400 and there are other options now as Fok mentioned.

Thanks, yea i am looking thinking about the below

I'm dying here down in Santa Clara. Pretty sure we hit 97-98 F during the day. 

I've also been looking for some nice outerwear to wear when I'm in NYC this Dec. Looking for a nice fishtail parka with a removable lining (so I can wear it in spring too). I'm in love with the TOJ fishtail. Too bad you can't buy it from them anymore or I would definitely order one.

Yea my jackets aren't getting much wear. I work in SC area and its always hot. Would be pretty happy if it rained a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads