• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Thinking about getting this just for a collectors piece

Maison Martin Margiela Summer 98 All Suede Jacket

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone know how to get super glue out of clothes? i split the wood on my door and was glueing the panels back together and i guess some got on the carpet and then on my pants. they're 70% linen, 30% cotton then schneider pants. i've washed them and that appears to be pretty ineffective. i've used goo gone/goof off too and it hasn't really done much. most effective thing at this point is picking it off with my fingers but it's taking forever and i don't know that it will do the job completely.

also, anyone know where i can find a pair of these dr martens in size us 11 / uk 10? i also kind of like this pair but rather dislike the yellow stitching and slightly prefer the more matte leather on the other. i guess i could go over the stitching with sharpie, but would prefer not to.

gasoline should dissolve it.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not wear it too?
His flat and circular garments were always pretty great, especially the leather pieces, though I think most of them were wimminz.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been hearing about Malin + Goetz a lot in this thread recently and I'm thinking of giving it a try.
The only products I use are Kiehls facial fuel face wash, Kiehls amino acid shampoo and conditioner, Clinique 3.5 scruffing lotion, Degree deodorant, my go to fragrance: Marc Jacobs men.

Vetiver hand and body wash and peppermint shampoo sounds nice

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nail polish remover will dissolve super glue

Also sweat, but nail polish or just straight up acetone will do it.

On the other hand, it'll smell like acetone, so you'll have to rinse it after.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
acetone may fade your clothing, so test an inconspicuous area first

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thursday morning. A man pulls up to an Exxon station and, after a pause, gets out of the car. He's clutching a pair of pants covered in sweat, acetone, and nail polish remover. He tosses the pants onto the ground and runs his fingers through his hair, muttering different variations of "goddammit." Finally he slides his credit card into the reader, grabs the pump, and douses those pants in gasoline. This is how this ends, he thinks. This is how this ends.

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acetone may fade your clothing, so test an inconspicuous area first

i think they might have faded already from the scrubbing and **** i've done. they're black and i don't want to dye them but i might. was dumb of me to wear them while i did that

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also, unfortunately they're so thin that i'm pretty sure it would bleed no matter where i tested. maybe i could do then inside behind a pocket but still seems risky. but they already look off in color so i don't know how much i have to lose.

fireflygrave

Reaction score
Super glue is a pain **********. Nail polish remover will get it out but you may still end up with some stiffness in the fibers, a dark spot where the glue was, and maybe fading from the solvent. Sorry man :( fucked up my isaora pants the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads