• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone here more versed in Supreme than I am let me know if they make baseball caps? Where would be the best place to pick up a black hat from Supreme? I know that this is probably a better question for SuFu, but I'm sure that someone of you here know just as well. :)

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+ 1000
holy **** that was bad. It makes sense after clicking the link in the article to her blog :crazy:

Yeah I noticed this when I was looking at tv's the other day. Spend 400-500 on an awesome piece of outerwear? sure, no problem. Drop $400 on a tv? eh I don't know if I want to spend that much...even though I'll probably use it for at least 5 years. The way I think about spending money on clothes is still a bit ahead of how I think about spending on most everything else. I think its at least partly because clothes don't tie you down. If you move you can just throw them in a suitcase, whereas furniture and other larger stuff...not so much

I'm sure if you hung around AVS forums or something your budget would move accordingly. It's happened to me with audio gear on head-fi. When you see a lot of people spend a lot of money so casually, you get desensitized to price.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gotta cop them $2,000 AudioQuest HDMI cables, son. Also, don't forget to minimize your interference with some $100 Shakti stones.

Last edited:

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my Made in the USA Levi 501's.
Wow.
I finally understand why the 501 is the jean to end all jeans.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah now, desensitized to price but not to logic! Radio shack cables ftw.

Current setup is gilmore lite + psu -> grado hf-2. :slayer:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HDMIs dont need to be expensive because they are signaled by digital code right?

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was reading a Jil Sander interview earlier and found the perfect quote to describe new Margiela.

" creativity seems to be a bit stuck in repetitions or overdone with equipment. There is a lot of recycling going on, experimenting without direction"

Jil Sander S/S 2012 women's is pretty bad.

Last edited:

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone at a party last night inquired about my cologne...sounded like a right dirty **** when i told him + listeners "comme des garcons" - "come des garcons eh? ooooooooooh kaaaaay" people are dirty!

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was reading a Jil Sander interview earlier and found the perfect quote to describe new Margiela.

" creativity seems to be a bit stuck in repetitions or overdone with equipment. There is a lot of recycling going on, experimenting without direction"

Jil Sander S/S 2012 women's is pretty bad.

maybe but i explained why i liked in in another thread. institution film nurses.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that my fits and purchases are better when I don't browse SF. There are a lot of diverging styles here and I like a lot of them. I think I end up trying to copy bits and pieces of everything and end up with a hot mess. Perhaps it's more a comment on my inability to commit to one style but I think it's interesting nonetheless. I think I pull of basics really well and the closer I edge to fashion forward stuff the more I end up with massive fails. Please remind me of this post the next time I buy something stupid. Thanks.

jaac

Reaction score
Im pretty much the same but im comin round. Just gotta really evaluate your kops, i read some thing jkissi wrote (in gq of all places) about having one standout piece per outfit and wearing stuff that compliments that piece. tryin to stick to that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads