• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinesealpha

Reaction score
So the lemaire coat I got came in today it's kinda boxy in the body but also in the arms, kinda trying to figure out whether to keep or return to yoox, maybe have it taken in for like an extra $30?

Most tailors are going to charge a lot more than $30 to take in the body and sleeves. fitpic?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The big-arm look does give the silhouette a cool "sculptural" quality that you don't get from slimmer sleeves. And Señor Lemaire usually does it in a way that avoids the dreaded Gorilla Arms. Like:

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
it also helps create that egg shape esp combined with the wider carrot pants.

wait did I just put sushi in the microwave?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoever ends up calling their band "sushi in the microwave" should at least include my name in the liner notes. just saying.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'm glad you guys are talking about Lemaire and Yoox

My orders also came in:

• Destin scarf is silky smooth and voluminous. The entire seam is frayed that adds a nice texture. Awaiting for the black checkered one to arrive Thursday, and I am guessing it will be even darker than the stock photo similar to the gray being darker. It will be nice to have a dark and light scarf to vary in between. 70/30 cashmere/cotton blend is so soft
  • Lemaire cotton/cashmere tee came in but it ended up being S/L rather than L/S ... nice color. The neck line also doesn't work for me. So, a return due to receiving wrong item (1st!)
  • I ordered the wool Lemaire trousers in 38 and 40 (2 and 3, respectively). I think neither of them going to work by just eyeballing. Holla if I sniped you and I can let it go for cheap! Otherwise, going to return.
  • Umit Benan jacket has a really nice cut and I like the lapel in the way it frames my neck/face. A tad big in the chest by CM standards as there is extra fabric causing the ends of the armpit to fold a bit. The wool is nice and coarse. Only thing that bugs me is that it picks up lint e.g. when I tried on the Destin scarf together there was a lot of lint left behind. Was a bit off putting TBH so I am on the fence with that.

Regarding Yoox purchases not working out, I guess I am the opposite. Always manage to find 1 to 2 goodies to keep

edit:
Another point I like to make about the Umit Benan and being how it is winter is that it does not feel particularly warm with a L/S tee. Adding the scarf helps. The cooler weather right now is just an anomaly around here though, IME, so perhaps it will work on its own or just wear a knit underneath. I guess I can always throw on my Lemaire coat over the Umit Benan jacket (the former is lined so no lint!)

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
always love the toasty yoox debriefings :slayer:

Oh, and for everyone who ordered CL from Yerx, I have a pretty good feeling their sizing scale is off. I think 2 actually = 36, 3 = 38, etc. Mr. Porter interprets it this way, and IME size 2 outerwear usually fits similarly to a 46 in other brands, but Yerx/ The Corner interpret it differently for some reason. So if your "size 38" jacket fits too small in some dimension or another, that's probably why, and you might have better luck going with a 3. But I dunno. It's all weird.

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on one of those CL robe coat things and I felt like a combination between a jedi and a wizard. It was fantastic, I wanted to start casting spells right then and there in the store

Last edited:

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know what I came home and put on the jacket, still not feeling the body but I like the sleeves.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the likes everyone, it's been my #1 choice for 2 years so I'm pretty pumped, especially since I shouldn't have gotten in considering my numbers....Yay economy!

Grats Reedo. Now try to hustle em for more scholarships.

Oh you know it! Gotta wait to hear from more schools before I have enough leverage..

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
weather is an anomaly lol, it's gonna be a cold winter you better try to stay nice and toasty

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was listening to the news on the drive home and its only been notably this cold in the past on 2 separate years =\

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
prepare yourself is all i gotta say

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads