• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadabra

Reaction score
Predator is awesome just because it features two future governors
0.jpg

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seattle -> Reykjavik return for $597 taxes in November 1st for 8 days. Any reason I shouldn't go??

fistinyoface

Reaction score
Are you comfortable with the smell of sulphur? If not, then don't go.

If you do, look to stay in an apartment rather than a hotel. I can't remember the price I paid, but I got a great place off the main road in 101 Reykjavik. About a minutes walk from the main bars and shops. Also, hire a car. This is important. The tour buses are expensive and a little stifling. You can easily drive to all the must-see spots and do it at your own pace.

Don't forget to go to the Blue Lagoon.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was looking at flights to Iceland in Jan myself. $600 is a good price, don't pass up!

Friend of mine just came back a few weeks ago, said it's gorgeous.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Make sure you bring an ass model and take her on a dogsled ride.

Also about the Matthew Miller "destroy to create" series - I can't decide if it's gimmicky or interesting. The sweaters feature a leather patch on the chest that you can tear like a cereal box top to make a pocket.

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

We used to quote Chong Li all the time while playing baseball back in the day. "You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend"

Monica Belluci is usually the best part of any movie. Except maybe that messed up French movie Irreversible which is deeply disturbing on all levels

Her best role was in Irréversible, movie is good not great but still. I like the apartment (Bellucci & Cassel) if you want a romance movie directed like a thriller. She also starred in Garrel's latest movie (a burning hot summer), which was a decent effort from Garrel, in other words a great movie anyway.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Recently watched Leon The Professional for the first time in years, plenty of stuff that I was too young to notice back then kept bugging me. A bit disappointing but I can't hate on a childhood favorite. None of Besson's film have aged well though, Leon is probably the most watchable/least awful of the lot.

Besson is an awful director and a complete beauf. I still like Léon, the other ones are unwatchable.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

cognitive dissonance:

when you love dogs but still fantasize about leaving bits of chocolate discreetly in the neighbor's yard

There are tons of dogs in my neighborhood, most of them adorable, but there's this one living behind me that barks constantly every time it's let outside. GF and I have repeatedly discussed throwing handfuls of chocolate chips into their yard in the middle of the night.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody seen the landing page for the NY Times this morning? It's a pretty novel marketing idea.

There are tons of dogs in my neighborhood, most of them adorable, but there's this one living behind me that barks constantly every time it's let outside. GF and I have repeatedly discussed throwing handfuls of chocolate chips into their yard in the middle of the night.

Blame the owner not the dog. Most dogs, though there are always exceptions, only behave as well as their trained to behave. Stick a bunch of plastic forks into their yard instead. Have it spell out, "Train your dog!".

Besson is an awful director and a complete beauf. I still like Léon, the other ones are unwatchable.

I still don't mind The Fifth Element. I think...

I'll respond in the film thead.

Last edited:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

None, that is a steal, should check some flights myself

What airline?

It is with Iceland air. Direct flight only 7 hours. Every time I watch a travel show on it I'm impressed with the scenery. Would seem to be a good opportunity to go.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jil Sander Departing Namesake Brand
By Luisa Zargani
October 24, 2013

MILAN—Third time is not the charm.

Designer Jil Sander is leaving her namesake brand for the third time for personal reasons, the house said Thursday. Her last collection was for spring-summer 2014. The fall-winter 2014 collection will be designed by the brand's in-house team.

Sander returned to the house at the end of February 2012 after an eight-year absence, marking her third comeback with the label. Sander, who succeeded Raf Simons, the brand's creative director since 2005, founded her namesake house in Hamburg, Germany, in 1968. She sold 75 percent of her company to Prada Group in 1999, and made a highly publicized exit a year later. She returned in May 2003 but left again shortly afterward.

The brand changed hands two more times during Simons' tenure. Change Capital Parnters acquired the brand from Prada in February 2006 and sold it to Japan's Onward Holdings two years later.

Jil Sander chief exectuive Alessandro Cremonesi said: "On behalf of the group I want to thank Jil Sander for her remarkable contribution to the brand over this period. Her outstanding design and creative leadership have been crucial in reinforcing the brand and positioning it to foster further prosperous growth”.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
she probably ran out of the same ideas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads