• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Industrial Design or Web Design if you want a creative job.  Avoid graphic design, **** is ravenous.

My emphasis is actually Multiplatform Design (taking web design next semester).

^Sort of true except you will be competing with a sea of foreign students/professionals whom skills are much better, technically.
I guess that is where you can position your journalism degree. I agree writing as a communication is undervalued and overlooked. And there is a difference between getting your point across as simple and clearly as possible re: Teger versus romanticizing the English vocabulary re: thewho (I get it but it is still intimidating and over the top IMO). Synthese is like a good medium.

****, now not only do I have to try to dress like Synthese, I have to write like him too? (8)

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the Amazon Rewards Visa?
Just wondering if its a bad idea to get on that for the $50 sign up credit.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an old man, I am going to impart some wisdom. Have a vague trajectory in mind for your career, but understand that it will go wildly off on a tangent.

My original major: Physics
Current occupation: teach people about nature
Dream job: Ceramicist

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JFC I feel like I've had to interact with the police too often lately. I'm having beer and cereal for dinner.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JFC I feel like I've had to interact with the police too often lately. I'm having beer and cereal for dinner.

are these two things somehow related? what's going on Z?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm imagining Zissou et al. in NWA's "straight outta compton" cover pose except in all tweed.

Beer and cereal sounds sad though :(

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Related only in that I'm too tired to cook something. Friday, I thought my daughter was kidnapped (but really it was just a fucked up school prank in which her phone was put in someone else's backpack. Phone tracking and tearing across town on my bicycle ensued). Then tonight, my Mom's roommate squatter threatens to kill herself. Imagine my surprise when I stopped by with her groceries only to find the place surrounded by cops. Needless to say, I kicked her the **** out (not my Mom. Her roommate)

What a week.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

As an old man, I am going to impart some wisdom. Have a vague trajectory in mind for your career, but understand that it will go wildly off on a tangent.
My original major: Physics
Current occupation: teach people about nature
Dream job: Ceramicist

Pretty much this.

Orignal Major: Microbio
Current Occupation: Risk Management
Dream Job: National Geographic Photographer

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Then tonight, my Mom's roommate squatter threatens to kill herself... Needless to say, I kicked her the **** out (not my Mom. Her roommate).

Which one is Ma Zissou?

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always wanted to do something with design when i was younger. Was accepted at Emily Carr here on advanced placement due to my portfolio. Ended up getting my girlfriend pregnant, decided to keep the baby and move in together at 19. Worked in horticulture ever since, now I own my own greenhouse and am pretty happy overall.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always wanted to do something with design when i was younger. Was accepted at Emily Carr here on advanced placement due to my portfolio. Ended up getting my girlfriend pregnant, decided to keep the baby and move in together at 19. Worked in horticulture ever since, now I own my own greenhouse and am pretty happy overall.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to get into acturial sciences (0)

Currently dealing with 401ks and TPAs, a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads