• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

obiter dictum

Reaction score

Anyone have any success getting shoulder pads reduced? My plebe interview suit has a "normal" amount of padding which makes me look like a linebacker/frankenstein.

In my experience, trying to alter jacket shoulders in any way ends in tears (and wasted money).

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
ok, starting from the top

- sunglasses are too dark and are an odd shape for his face
- jacket is too short
- jacket looks like it's too small for him to button.
- jacket sleeves are too short as well
- "casual tie" with what appears to be a crispy white dress shirt
- pants are too low-rise
- pants are too tapered
- pants are too short
- black breifcase
- no socks

and as you mentioned the godforsaken half-buckling of the double monks... that affectation is probably the worst part. no hate for DMs in general, but this is just so over-the-top

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it looks super affected and he just looks really punchable. objectively he doesn't look bad, per se. plus you can tell just by looking at him that he thinks he's the **** - cheeeeeez

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see how both the jacket is too short and the pants are too low-rise; it seems like it's either one or the other to me.

But yeah, those sleeves are hella short.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Care to elaborate? I don't like the open monks, but I don't see much to criticize, except in a "if it were me wearing that outfit, I'd...." way; or is this a SWD vs MC thing?
If that's genuinely a candid of some guy on his way to work who had no idea this photo was going to be taken, then without seeing it in motion I think the outfit looks pretty damn good, if a bit affected.

The dude has perfect #menswear **** synergy.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Jay Kos and the babe interviewing him this afternoon told me I look like Adam Levine :embar:

feeling pretty good right now

johanm

Reaction score

Italians never dressed like that, spazzatura morons did.

Well the Pitti / #menswear guys are influenced by, among other guys, Lino Ieluzzi of Al Bazar, who basically invented the unbuckled double monk look.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sort of

Do more drugs then maybe

your eyes are rounder and Levine's look more sinister

teenagelightning

Reaction score
i hope this unbuckled double monk disease starts showing up everywhere else in life

like,

whoah dude don't close your gas cap.

i bet youre the kind of idiot that sleeps in a bed instead of in a fridge box next to it (adds personality. shows you sleeping your bed. not your bed sleep you).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads