• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

has anyone tried on the OL constellation blazer? or have measurements for 44 or 46?

I have a M/48, sleeves and chest are tight and the sleeves are on the longer side, probably wouldn't work for me sized up. It's also lightweight and if it wasn't such a ***** to return... the matching trousers on the other hand are wonderful.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

has anyone tried on the OL constellation blazer? or have measurements for 44 or 46?

It's sold out here, but they've still got their measurements up.

I wear a suit jacket size of 36 and the Medium fits perfectly. My favourite thing about the jacket (which might be a negative for you) is that it's longer than most blazers. It covers part of my butt instead of stopping just below my belt like most most sw&d blazers tend to do. The arms are nice and slim too.

*Edit* thats.mana is right about the sleeves. They're on the long side and have finished surgeon cuffs, so alterations would be a pain.

Last edited:

TWorksheets

Reaction score

I don't even look at B&S anymore. Mostly boring brands, annoying interface.

My biggest gripe is that there's no obvious way to search open B&S classifieds using the search function.

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in a multi-quoting mood, so watch me multi-quote!

Take a Dolce suit to a good tailor if you want to hear him laugh.
It happened to me.

Explain!

Anyone have any success getting shoulder pads reduced? My plebe interview suit has a "normal" amount of padding which makes me look like a linebacker/frankenstein.
Dude unless your suit cost like $20, don't do it! The risks are way too high, especially with your average corner tailor. Granted, my experience was with getting shoulders narrowed rather than reduced, but I managed to ruin the blazer in the process. Like signing up for a $300 class on why not to touch a jacket's shoulders.

took me like 6 months to sell a pair of petit standards. last time i sold a pair in way worse condition they went in like two weeks.
**** done changed. and of course, it changed right as i gained 20 pounds.

Yup, it takes less time to sell a house than it does to sell ish on B&S

My biggest gripe is that there's no obvious way to search open B&S classifieds using the search function.

Search function on SF is awful in general. I have to use google if I want to do some good sleuthin'

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't think its really that much out of line versus the other sz-favored brands which all are pretty crazy retail. They use really nice fabrics.

Frealz. I just like that brand's stuff more than most of the alternatives. Waah. Really want those black cottonlinen shorts. But cmon almost a g for shorts? It does seem to be a short tier above in price. Also don't see it repped as much in many waywts. Prob bc hard to find on sale...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

That is a good point.
If Dolce suits you (har har) and it's in the budget, go for it.
But they've got to have one of the biggest advertising budgets of any fashion company. So you're paying for styling with a side of international billboard promotions.

I have a fully canvassed Dolce suit that is def not badly constructed, fit is nice and yeah, the longer skirt provides a nice contrast to TB suits.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Designer suits get so much hate. Sold quite a few of them, yeah they're gonna cost more money for lower quality, but the qualities still not bad.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of kid cudi's dancing in the video. It's nice to see someone gothninja'd out who doesn't look like a dorkus malorkus.

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that's not goth ninja, but whatever

that video should be soooo good but that stupid part starting at 2:37 where kanye is just staring at the camera totally ruins the mood. it's just so goofy it makes you laugh

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damnit, man, where do you buy the Sise stuff? (I'm assuming they do sell their clothes... :confused: )

I am NOT liking the summer alternatives!

DtNdM.jpg

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a bunch of it on Rakuten and Yahoo Japan

Even some pieces from that sweet fall collection we all keep posting pictures from :)

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
B&S has been terrible for quite a while now to be honest Not sure what causes it, maybe the new forum design? Recession? More and more people only buying deeply discounted stuff in sales (thus B&S prices no longer that attractive)?
Buying/selling activity tends to peak around sales and then taper off. I don't generally check B&S though because I'm a cheapass and can usually find better deals on flebay
This might be old newz to some of you but I didn't know this:
Satin only counts if it's silk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics