• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Who told you about that place big dawg?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Even in Los Angeles, a city which had its early public transportation plans killed by the auto industry, you see a lot of improvement. Twenty or thirty years ago, only crazy people and the homeless took public transport. Now you see people from all walks of life, and there's plans to build a better train system. Would be great to see less congestion in the city.

I know the guys building the ****, so many metros and a ******* subway? That's what all the commotion is no labrea and wilshire.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oregon pinots are good. :nodding:

Really hit and miss, imo. Pricing is getting silly after 2010, which was quite good, but that seems to have been a one off.

Adelsheim is consistently good.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Didn't know we had a bunch of ******* wine connoisseurs in swd.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I haven't paid more than 15$ for a bottle of wine in at least three years. 6-10$ red blends, yes please.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah at home I drink $5-$8 table wine, there's lots of perfectly good, drinkable wine in that range. I buy more expensive wine to bring to people's homes when I've been invited to dinner. But for the most part, I can't tell the difference between $5 and $20 bottles on any consistent basis.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
A cigar buddy of mine had rented out the lounge of this restaurant last year (and the year before) and brought his own wine while the food was catered. I was sipping some wine which I thought was pretty good only to find out later the bottle was $700 and all of them were 100 point wines.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I was staying at a friend's place in port vendres, southern France on the Mediterranean. he had recently gotten his own vineyard with a partner and in the cellar they found cases of unopened bottles from 1903. He popped the cork and the entire room filled with the sweet, aromatic fragrance of delicious fruits.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Alright so my friend once chartered 3 helicopters to take us from his estate on Jupiter Island for a weekend at Mar-A-Lago (3 helicopters of course because we needed two for our possessions). To our surprise who was there to greet us? None other than the Don himself holding two bottles of Chateau Petrus 1934, we of course laughed in his face and told him that we wouldn't wash the wheels of our Pagani Zondas with that piss water. Luckily my friend quickly pulled out a bottle of Domaine de La Romanee 1944. We then advised the Don to retreat to his side of the resort since his presence would only help to frighten the plethora of supermodels that were poolside. I mean this was like in 2011 before it was cool to hate on the Donald. What a weekend

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright so my friend once chartered 3 helicopters to take us from his estate on Jupiter Island for a weekend at Mar-A-Lago (3 helicopters of course because we needed two for our possessions). To our surprise who was there to greet us? None other than the Don himself holding two bottles of Chateau Petrus 1934, we of course laughed in his face and told him that we wouldn't wash the wheels of our Pagani Zondas with that piss water. Luckily my friend quickly pulled out a bottle of Domaine de La Romanee 1944. We then advised the Don to retreat to his side of the resort since his presence would only help to frighten the plethora of supermodels that were poolside. I mean this was like in 2011 before it was cool to hate on the Donald. What a weekend

Your friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads