• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetarium

Reaction score
anyone got leads on flared jeans for men, not quite bell bottom status, slim with some stretch? like the uniqlo slim tapered up top but you know not tapered

levis standard bootcut jeans are gross frat status

preferably somewhere with a good return policy or a physical store in LA in case this experiment is a horrible misdeed

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
imo, absolute best tees are nonnative pocket tees they put out every season in slightly different fabric. so freakin hard to get tho, they sell out almost immediately in japan and the ones they sell stateside is a little too much like maas and stacks just refuses to put them on sale for some reason.

have to treat tees like button down shirts and go into the $70-100 range and not think they are hanes and should be $3 each and think going to AA or Everalne or Uniqlo at $15 is a big step up. But also not needed to go nutso into the $400-$500 range.

coolron

Reaction score
Saw a guy at whole foods today wearing cuffed selvedge jeans, a snap button denim **** and birks. Was it one of you?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Saw a guy at whole foods today wearing cuffed selvedge jeans, a snap button denim **** and birks. Was it one of you?

It was me, but I was wearing the denim shirt tied with a knot by my hips. You should have come and said hello man. You were the dude with the Appreciation moustache and pink sunglasses right?

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe you were looking for this, @coolron?

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/21758-missed-connections-sufu-edition-no-****/

coolron

Reaction score
facepalm.gif

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do measured hats translate? Like a size 58 would be what, Is it cm and you measure your actual head?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
usually i measure a few inches above my ears, because the tiny hat look is in vogue right now. i suggest you do the same.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, so I guess my next question is how much does steaming shrink it? If it's like 4cm big is steaming a viable option?
I feel like these questions are better asked by telegraph.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, so I guess my next question is how much does steaming shrink it? If it's like 4cm big is steaming a viable option?
I feel like these questions are better asked by telegraph.
If it's wool or cotton steaming is pretty much guaranteed to shrink it somewhat but not sure if we're talking 4 cm or more like 1-2. (I know there's someone here who has tried it, possibly @Lorcan7 ?)
Based on your 2 post I have to add though that I highly doubt your head measures 54 cm since that would be a womens sz small or mens x-small (s=56, m=58, l=60)

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah the one im looking at is 61. I get 59 when I measure which I guess would probably fit fine though after seeing your post (l=60). Nonnative laborer in rabbit which looks like a felted wool so I figured it would shrink. I always thought nonnatives were letter sized though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads