• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a pair of 18oz "shark slub" denim from Japan Blue. Really cool texture with blue and khaki colored thread, soft despite its heavy weight. Beautiful color.

Any idea how this will fade? It says fast and hard fading on the description, but the guy in the store said it wouldn't really fade, but I might have asked him if it will transfer onto clothes or maybe it's the same word and I'm confused

https://www.japanbluejeans.com/en/item/?c=zoom&pk=161

I just ordered a pair of these from Denimio.They look super interesting.

If you kept them, does the waistband stretch in time?

I ordered a 33 as I did in my A.P.C. 8 oz. washed indigo New Standards(who's waistbands def. stretch).

35+" waist but lean/skinny all the way down from there.

Between all vendors who carry it, measurements are all over the map. Denimio's were closest to my A.P.C.'s.

Thanks!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Starting to get worried that all I'm going to own is pleated pants and a few pairs of denim.....
I think I have two or three pairs of flat front pants at this point and I rarely wear them and all I ever contemplate are pleated pairs

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

any idea where/which brand to get flare pants for like size 28?

Best option I've found so far is to buy some wool trousers 1-2 sizes too big and having them tailored to your liking. (I haven't attempted flared pants yet though I am tempted to)

You can also keep an eye out for Veronique Branqhuino (I probably spelled that wrong)

Last edited:

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting to get worried that all I'm going to own is pleated pants and a few pairs of denim.....
I think I have two or three pairs of flat front pants at this point and I rarely wear them and all I ever contemplate are pleated pairs

same, especially for wider legs, pleated is much better.

ambivalence

Reaction score

Best option I've found so far is to buy some wool trousers 1-2 sizes too big and having them tailored to your liking. (I haven't attempted flared pants yet though I am tempted to)
You can also keep an eye out for Veronique Branqhuino (I probably spelled that wrong)

Thanks a lot! Yea been checking out Veronique branquinho for awhile now haha

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Branquinho is almost a default choice but Gucci, Burberry Prorsum and Tom Ford have all been on and off the flare train since the 2000s so it might be worth keeping an eye out for those too.

Straight/wide leg trousers with a long enough inseam can do a pretty good job at approximating flares too, might be an alternative if you can find anything else though it's a bit trial and error.

VitaTimH

Reaction score
While visiting family back home over the holidays, I got the chance to check out the studio of Taiwanese brand 'Recluse.' Previously I had 'met' the designer, Ron Chen, on Instagram since we were both big Soloist fans, and we ended up chatting because we were both Taiwanese. He invited me to see his studio and to take some pictures, and it was honestly super cool. I thought people here might be interested.

One thing that really excited me is that compared to other countries in Asia, Taiwan isn't known internationally as a hotbed of fashion and design and is often seen as a less-creative imitator of Japan and Korea. Recently though, Taiwanese talent is becoming more and more widely seen in fashion, with Guerrilla-Group probably being the most visible in terms of online fashion.

Ron was fine with me taking some photos while visiting. I also wrote a more complete write-up about the pieces I saw as well as some of the things we chatted about on Reddit here.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I do consider Ron a friend now after having met him in person. But I'm not advertising on his behalf or anything, not getting free stuff, etc. etc. I just think it's cool stuff that deserves to be seen.)

(Ron actually went over almost every single sample piece he had on the racks. Super nice guy.)

(This jacket was a huge mindfuck to me. The left chest pocket is a top entry pen pocket while the right chest pocket is a side entry pocket.)

(Did I mention he was a Soloist fan?)

Last edited:

VitaTimH

Reaction score

That **** looks pretty cool esp bomber and those flannel trousers. Reminds me of a tamed SFTM.

Well, the designer studied in Australia as well... who knows haha

The angles of the bomber really are nice, I like how the neck ribbing continues seamlessly at the same angle into the wind flap. I actually got more of a Devoa / Peir Wu vibe myself.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thinking of getting a pair of 18oz "shark slub" denim from Japan Blue. Really cool texture with blue and khaki colored thread, soft despite its heavy weight. Beautiful color.

Any idea how this will fade? It says fast and hard fading on the description, but the guy in the store said it wouldn't really fade, but I might have asked him if it will transfer onto clothes or maybe it's the same word and I'm confused

https://www.japanbluejeans.com/en/item/?c=zoom&pk=161

I just ordered a pair of these from Denimio.They look super interesting.

If you kept them, does the waistband stretch in time?

I ordered a 33 as I did in my A.P.C. 8 oz. washed indigo New Standards(who's waistbands def. stretch).

35+" waist but lean/skinny all the way down from there.

Between all vendors who carry it, measurements are all over the map. Denimio's were closest to my A.P.C.'s.

Thanks!

i have the 32 which i need to exchange... thigh area was a bit big, thinking of just getting the 31.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the designer studied in Australia as well... who knows haha

The angles of the bomber really are nice, I like how the neck ribbing continues seamlessly at the same angle into the wind flap. I actually got more of a Devoa / Peir Wu vibe myself.
Feel free to make a thread about this. Looks cool.

VitaTimH

Reaction score
^ I might make a post when the next season is released, but I don't really want to be misconstrued as a brand representative or anything, haha. Glad people are enjoying the pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members