• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the topic of recommendations does anybody have a good rec for a "fashion" onesie/all in one?
It doesn't look like anybody picked up the Geller one for this season and next season is a velour collarless v-neck, I haven't seen an EG or Philip Lim one this season. I'm not really sure who else does them regularly other than that Chapter brand.
Ideally somebody find me a 52 Geller from last season please.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a minimalistic trench coat, something in a light but substantial spring weight fabric, water-resistant. No buttons on the wrists, no epaulettes, relatively slim lapels, single breasted or double-breasted with buttons hidden on one side.

Something like this Stephan Schneider coat:

Any tips?

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Norwegian Rain stuff might be too 'technical' but it's really nice.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Norwegian Rain stuff is nice, but I don't need actually waterproof as I use an umbrella - want something like a cotton-canvas or a 60/40 cloth blend

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Norwegian Rain stuff is nice, but I don't need actually waterproof as I use an umbrella - want something like a cotton-canvas or a 60/40 cloth blend
have you looked at margiela/balenciaga?

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

An umbrella won't help you when it's windy.

How about HancockVA

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a minimalistic trench coat, something in a light but substantial spring weight fabric, water-resistant. No buttons on the wrists, no epaulettes, relatively slim lapels, single breasted or double-breasted with buttons hidden on one side.

Something like this Stephan Schneider coat:

Any tips?

Comoli tielocken coat? although they seem quite expensive for what they are. There are a few other brands (like teatora) doing similar tielocken style coats this season though.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
both teatora and comoli are high on my list, just making sure I wasn't missing anything

Margiela and Balenciaga are great, but too expensive new

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What deodorant you guys using? I've been using Baxter for about a year now, really like it but wanted to mix it up. I think there was a similar light deodorant that was recommended, its a bit more expensive? Dunno $25 sorta the limit

malin goetz

Tom's of Maine unscented.

Could not contain my man musk :(

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah yea, I think it was Malin + Goetz that was recommended before.. I really do like the Baxter one but want a break from the scent.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I use the one from Nivea, it's scent free and it has never let me down.

Is it the spray-on or roll-on?

I picked up a Nivea spray-on antiperspirant that worked really well on vacation once but turns out they don't sell it in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads