• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

ijung

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1957.png
    IMG_1957.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1958.png
    IMG_1958.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 214

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Virtually all Rapha for me as well. It clearly serves a functional purpose but I'll also admit there is a bit of a cosplay aspect to full kit. I've worn a variety of bibs over the years and found that the Rapha Classic are comfortable and they last. I won't buy anything else. I like the classic line for jerseys as well (Merino blend). I picked up a couple jersey's from Pedaled a couple of years ago and like them. They look sharp and are also a nice merino blend.

Summer sale:

@smittycl posted this in the cycling thread a while back and it found a place on our fridge as it hits remarkably close to home.

View attachment 2007209
I get what you’re saying about cosplay, but I don’t think it’s as bad as wearing a pro team kit. I usually wear Rapha classic and brevet gear, and some of their flyweight stuff on hot days.

Today, I was wearing my club’s jersey, which is a good quality stretch poly jersey, and I felt like I was wearing a plastic bag. It wasn’t nearly as breathable as my Rapha gear and I smelled pretty bad at the end of the ride.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a whole bunch of their baselayer stuff so I have a bit of Rapha on pretty much everyday and nobody can tell! Not ready to enter my mamil era yet though, my kit is cordura and boiled wool like a caveman.

Hello all, does anyone know what type of jacket this is and what to typically wear with it? E.g. suits, dress pants, jeans/casual?

I thought it was either a trench coat or Mac coat but I’m not sure. Thanks in advance.

It's a mac, trench coats usually means the double breasted kind. It goes with everything, dressed up or down. Shouldn't be too fitted or short please.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying about cosplay, but I don’t think it’s as bad as wearing a pro team kit.

The thing about pro-team kit is that it is usually high quality stuff that does the job if you are training or doing any serious long-distance riding. It's also usually expensive so I would never buy any current kit at full price. However, past season kit from the more obscure teams used to suit my needs very well. The only issue is if you are worried about what sponsors are on the kit. I didn't mind promoting coffee machines or Spanish agricultural insurance, but I once ended up accidentally advertising a Swiss 'gentleman's club' on my arse...

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RFT: been a baller sneaker thread guy (read: Margiela GATs, dabbled in SLP, Lanvin, RO high tops) for a good number of years. Ended up buying a pair of black/white Jordan 1 high tops to wear with denim and tees and looking forward to them coming in. Trying not to have high hopes about leather quality but the shoes are too iconic for me to care too much. Rotate them in with my 7+ year old GATs.

Never really cared much for Jordan’s but these just look great:

331368132_863960518224945_5801820674947848050_n_1800x1800.jpg

(Pic found online)

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m sure there’s some Jordans experts here but AFAIK leather quality varies a lot from model to model, but it’s usually decent in the high tops. In mids it can be really ******.

I had been wanting a pair of black and white Jordans for a while so a few years back I got these mids, and I couldn’t believe that they were not even leather. If I hadn’t bought them from a reputable store I would’ve thought they were fakes for sure.

Air-Jordan-1-Mid-Reverse-Black-Toe-W-Product.jpg

I ended up getting the bloodline hi tops and these are leather (thumbled, which some people don’t like) and the quality is decent.

I really like those that you got, they’re also the 85s which supposedly have a shape that is closer to the OG ones.
14753816_23650131_600.jpg

Regardless, I think there’s probably zero chance that a current model ages like the OG ones.

1985.jpg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RFT: been a baller sneaker thread guy (read: Margiela GATs, dabbled in SLP, Lanvin, RO high tops) for a good number of years. Ended up buying a pair of black/white Jordan 1 high tops to wear with denim and tees and looking forward to them coming in. Trying not to have high hopes about leather quality but the shoes are too iconic for me to care too much. Rotate them in with my 7+ year old GATs.

Never really cared much for Jordan’s but these just look great:

331368132_863960518224945_5801820674947848050_n_1800x1800.jpg

(Pic found online)

Nice! That pic is of the '85 cut J1. They have been sold out since the same day they released. Where did you find your pair?

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! That pic is of the '85 cut J1. They have been sold out since the same day they released. Where did you find your pair?
StockX. Bit the bullet and paid $340 all in. I probably could have paid less if I had bought them earlier/actually known about the release and planned ahead but I missed out and ended up paying a premium for them 6 months post release

Last edited:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
StockX. Bit the bullet and paid $340 all in. I probably could have paid less if I had bought them earlier/actually known about the release and planned ahead but I missed out and ended up paying a premium for them 6 months post release
I am far from sure you would've gotten them on release day. These kind of releases usually sell out instantly and are heavily botted by professional resellers and such.

Enjoy your pair. I have the same and they are awesome.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads