• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Samir

Reaction score
Consumerist question here, but anyone know where to kop "small batch artisanal" leather flip flops? I had some from South Willard and I think later Mohawk carried the same ones, good quality leather with brass tacking and a vibram sole. Basic beach style no jesus straps. Haven't been able to find anything like this for years. Under $200 so please no Hermes slides.
Pretty sure South Willard's are these: https://kiwisandals.com/

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah I was about to post Kiwi Sandals - I've bought directly from them a couple times, those are the ones.

lakersfan8357

Reaction score
Maybe, but peak Kanye was in the early and mid 00s (Stronger came out in 2008). And 2022 Louis Vuitton tapped Nigo (so, Bape). And Happy was in 2013, and still gets a fair bit of play. And Pharrell's style fits into both the dark academia style that is fairly big right now, and has a non-aggressive vibe that might resonate with the current Gen Z mood.
As a (late) GenZer I think the Michele's Gucci and Denma's Balenciaga mirrored the Gen Z sentiments quite well - lost in a fairytale wonderland or staring in the face of dark dystopian consumerism that is winning the fight (with only 'irony' or ignorance standing in the way). That sort of prep with a twist (ie. Tyler, the now more grown up Stussy) has its audience but I feel that is its own niche rather than capturing the zeitgeist.

Side note: its been awhile since I've been on and its nice to see some names I recognize? LAGuy, Regis, what happened to Lorkhan(?) and the EG guy and the Margiela guy? Joined in the early/mid 10s as a teenager and now have a bit more to contribute instead of lurking hopefully

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a (late) GenZer I think the Michele's Gucci and Denma's Balenciaga mirrored the Gen Z sentiments quite well - lost in a fairytale wonderland or staring in the face of dark dystopian consumerism that is winning the fight (with only 'irony' or ignorance standing in the way). That sort of prep with a twist (ie. Tyler, the now more grown up Stussy) has its audience but I feel that is its own niche rather than capturing the zeitgeist.

Side note: its been awhile since I've been on and its nice to see some names I recognize? LAGuy, Regis, what happened to Lorkhan(?) and the EG guy and the Margiela guy? Joined in the early/mid 10s as a teenager and now have a bit more to contribute instead of lurking hopefully.
I think that Pharrell could potentially merge his version of prep with things like blown up logos and blown up iconic patterns (like the Bottega Veneta envelope bags that definitely captured the imagination) well. I wonder if he will any collabs within the greater family of brands as well. I donn't know, but it's hard for me to imagine Pharrell that close to Demna's vision./

I mean, it's all speculative, because we just have seen nothing yet. But Im sure that we'll find out in a few months or fewer.

Welcome back, btw. There are always waves of members, just like you, who go, come back, new people come, etc... But I will say that a LOT of behavioral changes happened in 2020, for all of the obvious reasons.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Even though I sold out quicker than a metal band in the 90’s with Bode…a real Etsy MVP (a really nice lady) saved me about 1400 bucks on a turquoise bracelet. Was going to buy from a guy in St. Barths or Jacquie Aiche

…now I can stunt at the beach with my Bode shirt

60EF6A87-CDE8-4721-B2B4-C6D2B259528A.jpeg

Donut

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get some high quality leather/suede elbow patches? I have an EG Bedford that's developing a hole in the elbow so I want to patch it up before it blows out.

verver

Reaction score
Even though I sold out quicker than a metal band in the 90’s with Bode…a real Etsy MVP (a really nice lady) saved me about 1400 bucks on a turquoise bracelet. Was going to buy from a guy in St. Barths or Jacquie Aiche

…now I can stunt at the beach with my Bode shirt

View attachment 1900555
Pls put these on a pair of jmm thx instakop thx

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Pls put these on a pair of jmm thx instakop thx

Im having the gold chain that hangs from my Belize replaced with a full turquoise chain down to my bellybutton…but I’m concerned that with the African ivory tusks already on the temple it might get a little too heavy you know?

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neat approach to materials and craftsmanship from Loewe, I wish brands like Hermès (what else is there?) would lean that way a bit instead of showing crocodile puffers or whatever (I feel like Lemaire at least did some very opulent felted outerwear in womenswear). Where's the mystery, where's the dream?

Copper sheet coat has raglan sleeves, no problem

00006-loewe-fall-2023-menswear-credit-gorunway.jpg 00017-loewe-fall-2023-menswear-credit-gorunway.jpg 00048-loewe-fall-2023-menswear-credit-gorunway.jpg 00026-loewe-fall-2023-menswear-credit-gorunway.jpg 00043-loewe-fall-2023-menswear-credit-gorunway.jpg 00031-loewe-fall-2023-menswear-credit-gorunway.jpg 00020-loewe-fall-2023-menswear-credit-gorunway.jpg 00036-loewe-fall-2023-menswear-credit-gorunway.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads