• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Japan willing to proxy a cardigan for me. Zenmarket won't deal with the seller and FromJapan says it takes up to ten days to hear back from the seller. Would obviously pay up front and make it worth your time. Basically name your price for the time and effort and it's done. Looking to get this piece asap, thanks :)

Jobst

Reaction score
Since getting an arcade belt over two years ago (some low-profile stretchy thing made for outdoorsy people) I haven't once put on a leather belt. I'll put up with some discomfort for fashunz in other places, but this is apparently my line.

I guess if I had to wear a suit I'd change it up, but **** that also.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can also make your own belt by buying a blank from a leather supply store and dyeing it any shade you want. You can choose your own buckle, and you can fit it exactly to your waist size. It'll definitely be on the casual side though.

It'll run ~$40, and is a fun little afternoon project.
Haha you have no idea bad I am at crafts

Trit

Reaction score
Sole Survivor leather belts are the only thing that I still have from when I got into fashion like a decade ago. One black, one brown. Worn at least one every single day, all day. That's pretty amazing. And they're cheap.

And as someone who made some belts to add to a shearling jacket, you can't make as nice of a belt as you can buy for the same price. Especially if you're buying the tools. It was fun to do, but they're rough ass belts.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Folks, I feel like I probably already looked at all the regular suspects but where can I try on BBS/LUC pants/jeans with easy return policy? I want something cool for CCP besides my RO/ZB stuff but dont wanna deal with re-selling via private sellers, etc. Any leads? (looked at s sense, mr p, forward)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh gosh I need a black and dark brown dress belt and at least one casual wear belt.
Hmmm.. and by "dress" you mean coat and tie, I assume, with wool trousers? And by casual, jeans or similar? The definitions are not so clear in 2021, so I want to make sure I'm in the right ball part before I give any suggestions. Also, in casual, are you more workwear, gothy, minimalistic, regular tee and jeans with boots/simple sneakers? Which of those, or something else, descrbes you?: Do you like simple, or ornate?

happyriverz

Reaction score
Folks, I feel like I probably already looked at all the regular suspects but where can I try on BBS/LUC pants/jeans with easy return policy? I want something cool for CCP besides my RO/ZB stuff but dont wanna deal with re-selling via private sellers, etc. Any leads? (looked at s sense, mr p, forward)

FarFetch and Antonioli, for BBS. Both have very easy return policies.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.. and by "dress" you mean coat and tie, I assume, with wool trousers? And by casual, jeans or similar? The definitions are not so clear in 2021, so I want to make sure I'm in the right ball part before I give any suggestions. Also, in casual, are you more workwear, gothy, minimalistic, regular tee and jeans with boots/simple sneakers? Which of those, or something else, descrbes you?: Do you like simple, or ornate?
Good point, specificity matters.

By "dress" I meant something for professional or business casual attire so yes, a suit or sport coat w/trousers. As far as casual goes my style ranges but usually it is more workwear or jeans/sneakers.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point, specificity matters.

By "dress" I meant something for professional or business casual attire so yes, a suit or sport coat w/trousers. As far as casual goes my style ranges but usually it is more workwear or jeans/sneakers.
I would definitely recommend @Equus Leather in that case. For both casual and dress, I would recommend a 1.25" width, which I think is more versatile than a 1.5" belt, particularly with a thick leather, which sometimes give the illusion of being even wider. For a "dress" belt, I would choose something in calf and lined and raised, like this: https://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/lined-and-raised-belts/baranil-calf-lined-and-raised-belt.html. Frankly, it is going to be hard to find a better belt, at any price level. A simple bridle leather belt is good for casual use. I really do like the 1.25" as well, and I personally like chicago screws so that you can change out for different standard buckles, but I'm weird that way. There are a lot of more fashionable belts - I like my Bottega Veneta trianguclar buckle belt and my Frank Leder gray leather belt, one being 1", the other .75", and both extremely comfortable and low profile, but they are not nearly as versatile. Great if you have at least a dozen or twoi belts in the rotation at any one time, but probably not recommended if you are goingto just have a few belts. That said, maybe versatility is secondary to character. I know that Equus has some intersting buckles, and I have a few, two made of old Japanese nails, and one in forged damscus, that end up wearing a lot.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would definitely recommend @Equus Leather in that case. For both casual and dress, I would recommend a 1.25" width, which I think is more versatile than a 1.5" belt, particularly with a thick leather, which sometimes give the illusion of being even wider. For a "dress" belt, I would choose something in calf and lined and raised, like this: https://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/lined-and-raised-belts/baranil-calf-lined-and-raised-belt.html. Frankly, it is going to be hard to find a better belt, at any price level. A simple bridle leather belt is good for casual use. I really do like the 1.25" as well, and I personally like chicago screws so that you can change out for different standard buckles, but I'm weird that way. There are a lot of more fashionable belts - I like my Bottega Veneta trianguclar buckle belt and my Frank Leder gray leather belt, one being 1", the other .75", and both extremely comfortable and low profile, but they are not nearly as versatile. Great if you have at least a dozen or twoi belts in the rotation at any one time, but probably not recommended if you are goingto just have a few belts. That said, maybe versatility is secondary to character. I know that Equus has some intersting buckles, and I have a few, two made of old Japanese nails, and one in forged damscus, that end up wearing a lot.
I appreciate the suggestion, those Equus belts look great. Someone else on here mentioned them it seems like they get some love

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads