• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well I could not ask for any better help than that - Thanks! Your shoes look great. Did you go unlined with your caramel shell? That is my plan.

Yup, unlined.  Very comfortable and molds to your foot well, but feels a bit strange compared to other leathers if you go barefoot though.  Only issue I've had with the unlined is that I've somehow managed to sweat through from the inside.  Guess it's only non-porous from the outside, if that even makes any sense.

:happy: yes that makes sense....barefoot it will be and luckily my feet dont sweat much.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got the samples in to try on a 12E and 13D both fit equal in opposite directions...lol the 13D with some heel slippage and the 12E snug all the way around. guessing the 12.5 E will be the way to go..but that is not offered on the site. Would probably lean towards the 12E.

thinking about this instead of the beefroll perhaps...same shell leathers

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Parisian Blue Boat shoes today. Shamelessly stole the make-up from another poster on here.
They look awesome! I wouldn't wanna say you stole my ideas, because you have it with two eyelets where mine is three. I gotta say tho the parisian blue cxl ages so well!

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look awesome! I wouldn't wanna say you stole my ideas, because you have it with two eyelets where mine is three.

I gotta say tho the parisian blue cxl ages so well!
Hahaha I'm not a fan of three eye boat shoes, just looks off to me. But I'm glad to hear that it ages well. Id love to see how yours have aged!

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hahaha I'm not a fan of three eye boat shoes, just looks off to me. But I'm glad to hear that it ages well. Id love to see how yours have aged!

my pair I left at the old house. Won't be able to get them until August. I sure will post some pictures.

cats33cats

Reaction score

Rancourt ranger mocs today - the laces are a bit long, can I just use scissors to trim them?

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are nice, are they actually darker on the toe cap or is it just the lighting?

Thanks. There's no burnishing or anything, but there's definitely a contrast between the rolls and the toe (caused mostly by the pull-up). The perforations probably add to the effect too.

My goal with this makeup was something like an Alden cigar shell boot with an antique edge. I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

DeathandTaxes

Reaction score
Reading this forum has proved helpful, but I could use your thoughts on the fit of a new pair I acquired.

I was able to snag a pair of 10D Elthams for PRL (that I believe are Rancourts) and they seem to fit very oddly - they have a large outside gap when standing in them:

I have a pair of 9.5D Sebagos made in Maine campsides (also I believe by Rancourt) that fit perfectly without socks.

Are these Elthams just a bad pair or should I expect all Rancourt beefrolls to fit similarly?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They use different lasts for different styles. This one might not suit you. I have beefrolls that gap a bit and pinch pennies that don't. You may be able to get Rancourt to make you your preferred style on your preferred last if you can get that figured out.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamstom