• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

GuP

Reaction score

Go .5 down from brannock size. I just got my beefrolls last week and they fit well. If I went TTS they would have been a little long and I would have most likely had lots of heel slip.

Sweet. Thanks

GuP

Reaction score
Got a follow up - any place to try these shoes on in person? Is there a BM location around nyc that sells?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those sneakers look really nice. Be really curious to hear about pricing as well.

they were 200$ at pop up flea, retail is like 260 they said
I ended up pre-ordering the white mid tops.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

clb89

Reaction score
hmm I just ordered beefroll suede loafer in 11.5 but didn't know about sizing down a little.

I fit snug in AE 79 last without socks. Should I be worried?

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hmm I just ordered beefroll suede loafer in 11.5 but didn't know about sizing down a little.

I fit snug in AE 79 last without socks. Should I be worried?

Doubtful. Myself and some others on here go tts in all rancourt shoes and they fit well enough. If there is a noticeable amount of heel slip you can always toss in some heel grips.

jenkinms

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post. I'm waiting for my first pair of rancourts (a suede pinch penny) and have caught the bug.

I'm already looking towards the fall, and was hoping for some feedback from people with the Clymer boot. Would these work well/better with speed hooks? From what I've seen I'm optimistic its doable but was wondering if it was really necessary.

Of course if I go custom, it'll open up a can of worms, as that calf and rapello makeup (Frank maybe?) looks amazing. Was thinking maybe a spin on it with the chocolate bison and a dark suede... Options, options.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you use Chrome, right click -> reverse image search:
http://nettletonshoeshop.com/our-collections/rancourt-co/

@Joenobody0 is right. Nettletons in Pittsburgh.

I've been in there before and the owner, Scott, is a really great dude who is just trying to earn a living with his multi-generation family-owned brick and mortar shoe store in a city that has little appreciation for quality footwear. Definitely give him some business if you have a chance. He is as enthusiastic about footwear as any of us. Looks like he has a few Rancourt makeups that generously marked down.

I know @FrankCowperwood has been in there, and I'm sure he can confirm that both the shop and the proprietor have magnificent character.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads