• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

roz77

Reaction score
The Rancourt factory is humming. Quoted delivery is now 10 to 12 weeks (up from 6 to 8 weeks a few months ago -- which was bumped from 4 to 6 weeks about a year ago).

It must be, I'm still waiting on a pair from the crowdfunding last August. They told me mid-December that it'd probably be 2-3 more weeks and still nothing. Not a big deal at all since they are summer shoes anyway, but they definitely seemed to be slammed.

Garrister

Reaction score
My new shoe for working from home. The Rangeley is pretty awesome. It's like a slipper but better.
Rangley 1.JPG

DG123

Reaction score
It must be, I'm still waiting on a pair from the crowdfunding last August. They told me mid-December that it'd probably be 2-3 more weeks and still nothing. Not a big deal at all since they are summer shoes anyway, but they definitely seemed to be slammed.

I think the situation with Rancourt (and some other footwear companies) is that receiving the customer's full payment up front removes any incentive to produce the shoes/boots within a reasonable time frame.

Last edited:

Hellraysaz

Reaction score
I think the situation with Rancourt (and some other footwear companies) is that receiving the customer's full payment up front removes any incentive to produce the shoes/boots within a reasonable time frame.

I think the incentives of customer satisfaction, word of mouth, recommendation, reputation are all still feeding the incentives of delivering within a satisfactory timeline("faster").

Having paid upfront, having a high estime of seller(reputation), having had a deal (probably) all contributes to higher acceptability of customers of deviations in delivery estimates by the seller.

Higher available cashflow(upfront payments) + higher delay acceptability by customers(probably) + bottlenecks(slow supply chain, limited workforce capacity) contributes to higher incentives to do something else(push some other products, other sales, etc.)

Or maybe I've been reading too much into systems thinking lately lol.

Garrister

Reaction score
Coimpared to your Eastport's, is the size and fit the same ?
It's slightly different. The Rangeley is on the 800 last (similar to the camp mocs and ranger mocs). The Eastport is on the 114 last (for loafers). I wear the same size on either last but the Rangeley is slightly longer with a little more forefoot volume than the Eastport. For me that means the Rangeley is slighly less snug than the Eastport but I would say it is consistent with my other 800 lasted shoes from Rancourt.

DG123

Reaction score
It's slightly different. The Rangeley is on the 800 last (similar to the camp mocs and ranger mocs). The Eastport is on the 114 last (for loafers). I wear the same size on either last but the Rangeley is slightly longer with a little more forefoot volume than the Eastport. For me that means the Rangeley is slighly less snug than the Eastport but I would say it is consistent with my other 800 lasted shoes from Rancourt.

If you don't mind, please reply if you wear either the Rancourt Ranger Moc or Accadia chukka and how those pair (s) fit compared to your Eastport.

Garrister

Reaction score
If you don't mind, please reply if you wear either the Rancourt Ranger Moc or Accadia chukka and how those pair (s) fit compared to your Eastport.
Eastport is the snuggest and shortest. My Ranger mocs are a little longer and slightly roomier. My Harrison boots (similar to the Acadia) are the longest with the most volume. So I wear the Eastport with dress socks or barefoot. On the Harrison I need thick boot/hiker socks -- I might be able to size down in them. So it goes like this: Eastport (loafers) < Ranger Moc (shoe) < Harrison or Acadia (boots) in tems of length and volume. I have the same size each. I hope that helps.

DG123

Reaction score
Eastport is the snuggest and shortest. My Ranger mocs are a little longer and slightly roomier. My Harrison boots (similar to the Acadia) are the longest with the most volume. So I wear the Eastport with dress socks or barefoot. On the Harrison I need thick boot/hiker socks -- I might be able to size down in them. So it goes like this: Eastport (loafers) < Ranger Moc (shoe) < Harrison or Acadia (boots) in tems of length and volume. I have the same size each. I hope that helps.

The information you've provided is helpful, thank you.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
I’ve been giving my Rancourts a lot of love recently and have two custom pairs on order. Flint Kudu Byron boots over the Christmas holiday, new Read boat shoes around the house until it warms up outside and snuff suede Byron boots for today, along with a watch shot. Have a great weekend gentlemen!
CD3914FA-7CC6-4072-BC38-2F452FEE49D4.jpeg
E92C57F3-B55B-421B-9756-6BEC0572E0CC.jpeg
63989ED5-115B-46D8-9D11-A24C51E78671.jpeg
38CBE0EB-0689-4087-BC3D-699C6150F280.jpeg

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Spring Pre-Order is up on the site. Some interesting adds to the usual include derbies, baxter ranger moc, and a nice italian calfskin horsebit loafer.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before… would I take the same size in the Classic Ranger Moc as I do in LL Bean’s Blucher Moc? Thanks

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
polymshamy