• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Luscombe

Reaction score
Team Rancourt here too. Well over a dozen pairs, they are just so dang comfortable. I plan on (2) MTO Shells this winter. These are hand made in USA and I find the quality to be very good. There are issues on occasion. I have found the best way to resolve issues is to talk to David at customer service and give them a chance to respond. If you are not happy with David's response, reach out to Kyle Rancourt, one of the owners. The least helpful way is to complain on this forum.

I have said this before, I do not know of any other shoemaker that will make one off custom hand made shoes in the USA.

I agree, the wait times are a challenge but they are even longer with Alden and other MTO shoe & boot makers. I have narrow feet and Alden stocks only D widths except in the 405 Indy's. With them it is not possible to try on a narrrow width in any last without placing an order, paying full price and waiting as much as 12 months. And then if they don't fit, you can't return them.

For sure Team Rancourt for me.

DG123

Reaction score
I have narrow feet and Alden stocks only D widths except in the 405 Indy's. With them it is not possible to try on a narrrow width in any last without placing an order, paying full price and waiting as much as 12 months.
We've been down this road before and here at this forum (Alden thread) I previously listed for you 17 different models for which Alden produces and has as stock inventory narrow width sizes. It's not fair of you to characterize Alden as a company which does "not offer narrow widths".

Luscombe

Reaction score
We've been down this road before and here at this forum (Alden thread) I previously listed for you 17 different models for which Alden produces and has as stock inventory narrow width sizes. It's not fair of you to characterize Alden as a company which does "not offer narrow widths".
My bad. I don't recall the 17 different models. My interest in Alden is limited to boots. I have not been able to identify any other than the Indy's that are available in C width or any stockists that carry narrow width boots. I may be looking in the wrong places.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
My bad. I don't recall the 17 different models. My interest in Alden is limited to boots. I have not been able to identify any other than the Indy's that are available in C width or any stockists that carry narrow width boots. I may be looking in the wrong places.

You haven’t looked very hard. The first place i looked had C width non-Indy boots.

Rancourt does only a B width — no A, AA, or C — and in a limited range of sizes. If you have narrow but small or extra large feet, you’re SOL with Rancourt.

DG123

Reaction score
Here is a link to a shop owned by Alden that currently has stock of 18 Alden boot style models in C width and in B width, 5 boot models.

* compared to Rancourt's boot styles the Alden's will be a different construction method and heavier weight.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I missed that retailer.
The Alden universe has awful SEO and social media game. I suspect because most Alden shops are run by older people. Madison has been stepping it up on Instagram and Facebook and ShoeMart obviously has a good web presence. But generally, if you don’t go directly to most Alden stockist websites you won’t find their stuff on Google or Bing.

In comparison, the Viberg stockists are all hip kids with strong web games, and you’ll hit all their sites just searching ‘boot’. It’s an interesting little culture contrast.

I mostly wear Aldens.

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Was last year’s Black Friday sale a discount across the board or just on certain models? Did it include MTO purchases? I’m thinking about ordering a pair of boots but it’s not an urgent purchase if I could wait a few months and get a great deal.

DG123

Reaction score
Was last year’s Black Friday sale a discount across the board or just on certain models? Did it include MTO purchases? I’m thinking about ordering a pair of boots but it’s not an urgent purchase if I could wait a few months and get a great deal.
You would like to order a stock specification boot or special order specs?
I believe the various holiday sales such as Labor Day , Black Friday...are for certain styles only rather than the entire catalog. And among those styles on sale at a discounted price, it is only for sizes/widths that are on hand and available for immediate shipment.

Garrister

Reaction score
Last year's Thanksgiving day sale was 25% off on all models. It has been that way for many years. I know because I ordered a deep catalogue model.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offloading my Rancourt Eastport Penny Pinch Bulldogs if anyone is interested, size 9.5. The sizing/last fit just doesnt work for me.

DG123

Reaction score
Last year's Thanksgiving day sale was 25% off on all models. It has been that way for many years. I know because I ordered a deep catalogue model.

That's a great deal. Do you happen to remember if the sale is only for on hand inventory of sizes-widths (for immediate shipment) ?

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
That's a great deal. Do you happen to remember if the sale is only for on hand inventory of sizes-widths (for immediate shipment) ?
I’m curious about this as well. I have to be honest I’m torn though. If the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale includes MTO then I’d love to get at least two pair of boots with the particular soles I want etc. However, I know if I wait until late November to place such an order the boots won’t likely arrive in time to get much use until NEXT fall/winter.

DG123

Reaction score
I’m curious about this as well. I have to be honest I’m torn though. If the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale includes MTO then I’d love to get at least two pair of boots with the particular soles I want etc. However, I know if I wait until late November to place such an order the boots won’t likely arrive in time to get much use until NEXT fall/winter.
By "MTO" are you meaning a special specification (different from a stock model) order such as upper color or outsole ? Most of us at this thread call that a custom order.
Or do you mean a stock specification model size/width that is not currently in stock and will need to be produced?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babara