• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In observance of St. Patrick's day this week (March 17), I will strive to wear green shoes each day thru Friday.

Let's see how that goes...

Wednesday's shoes...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Golf Green CXL beef roll penny loafers by Rancourt today. (If not today, when???) Had these custom made in 2014.
20210317_102950.jpg

20210317_102943.jpg

Raining cats & dogs, so these soles are perfect!
20210317_113630.jpg

ShibuiC

Reaction score
My introduction to the brand has started with two classics. The beefroll loafers in Carolina Brown, and the camp-mocs in Natural. Rancourt recommended the same size for both, and the loafers fit great, but the camp mocs are painfully tight around the instep. I know they're supposed to stretch quite a bit so hopefully some walking around the house will get them going. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the purchase. Quality and construction is top notch!

IMG_4373.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
My introduction to the brand has started with two classics. The beefroll loafers in Carolina Brown, and the camp-mocs in Natural. Rancourt recommended the same size for both, and the loafers fit great, but the camp mocs are painfully tight around the instep. I know they're supposed to stretch quite a bit so hopefully some walking around the house will get them going. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the purchase. Quality and construction is top notch!

View attachment 1576404

Just fyi, before you go further with the camp mocs, if recollection serves Rancourt had some willingness to work with customers if there was a sizing concern with these orders. You might try reaching out to them if they are that tight.

Apologies if I am mistaken about this as I have only semi-followed these crowd fund orders.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1576404
Just fyi, before you go further with the camp mocs, if recollection serves Rancourt had some willingness to work with customers if there was a sizing concern with these orders. You might try reaching out to them if they are that tight.

Apologies if I am mistaken about this as I have only semi-followed these crowd fund orders.
The mocs will definitely stretch with wear. I prefer to start with their shoes snug knowing the leather will stretch and form to my feet. I order loafers and mocs one width below brannock.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
The mocs will definitely stretch with wear. I prefer to start with their shoes snug knowing the leather will stretch and form to my feet. I order loafers and mocs one width below brannock.

I don't disagree and you have way more rancourt experience than me (I have only 3 pairs) but if he's saying they are painfully tight...

ShibuiC

Reaction score

Appreciate the info. Unfortunately I'm in Canada so returns and shipping can be costly and a bit of a pain. I travel to the states quite frequently to visit people and pick up my purchases, but due to the closing of the border I've been waiting for my loafers since December 2019, and the mocs October 2020.

The length actually feels right, but perhaps an 8.5E may have been a better fit. Although, after just having them on my feet for 10-15 minutes for a few days, it does feel like they are becoming easier to put on. If I can't break them in after wearing them, and using shoe trees, I may visit a cobbler to see what they suggest. I'm hopeful that they'll stretch and mold to my feet, they may just need more time than my other shoes.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In observance of St. Patrick's day this week (March 17), I will strive to wear green shoes each day thru Friday.

Let's see how that goes...
Friday's shoes...

Rancourt Ranger Mocs in Green & Caramel shell cordovan.
20210319_133033.jpg
20210319_133105.jpg

And that ends my green-shoe-wearing-week! I'll pack all of this away until next March.

Have a great weekend, gentlemen.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
First time purchase so I went for a classic...

View attachment 1575476

My Pinch Penny loafers in Carolia Brown CXL arrived and look great but I am concerned about sizing.

I ordered a 9.5D which is a 1/2 size down from my 10D brannock and what I do with most loafers to get a tight heel fit. They "width" fit is very snug with socks and not too bad without socks. How much do these actually stretch width-wise and should I exchange for a 9.5E ?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
My Pinch Penny loafers in Carolia Brown CXL arrived and look great but I am concerned about sizing.

I ordered a 9.5D which is a 1/2 size down from my 10D brannock and what I do with most loafers to get a tight heel fit. They "width" fit is very snug with socks and not too bad without socks. How much do these actually stretch width-wise and should I exchange for a 9.5E ?

This was just discussed a page or so back. Do what you have to do but please do not do 48 exchanges... Rancourt did this deal because they were struggling because of the pandemic. I am sure their margins are very thin on the crowd funded deals. If you are unsure about sizing, consider using their made to fit program so that you can dial in your size.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This was just discussed a page or so back. Do what you have to do but please do not do 48 exchanges... Rancourt did this deal because they were struggling because of the pandemic. I am sure their margins are very thin on the crowd funded deals. If you are unsure about sizing, consider using their made to fit program so that you can dial in your size.

I appreciate the advice and...
  • I know it was a crowd fund event which was an inexpensive way for me to learn about a new brand.
  • I called Rancourt before the event, they suggested 9.5D, and they explained that if-needed I could do an exchange.
  • I have no plans or energy to spend the time on 48 exchanges for this issue because my time has value as well (I would rather just donate an ill-fitting pair to charity).
  • I thought if someone could give me a sense from real world experience I could make 1 call to Rancout to request the exchange rather than waste their time on a back and forth about fit.
So, I will go back and read previous exchanges but if that information is not directly connected to mine, I hope others would be willing to offer some information about "width" stretch related to fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads