• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Merry Christmas Gents!!!

Rancourt X-mas Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes.jpg

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
2020: The Unforgettable Forgettable Year

By almost any measure, 2020 was one of the worst years that I can think of in my lifetime. A wise colleague of mine always says “never waste a good crisis”. Hopefully we all learned a little bit about ourselves this past year and what we value the most.

From an Rancourt perspective, this turned out to be a great year… I added two more Color #4 Boots, found another pair of my favorite Natural Shell Cordovan Penny Pinch Loafers, ordered an amazing Beef Roll Loafer and found a Navy one on eBay. And had a blast making the coolest MTO that I have every done with my Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes.

Also, due to the global pandemic and really my inability to use my old photography setup, I created a whole new set which I truly believe showcases my pairs like never before, helping their full glory to be demonstrated.

These are the shoes and the order in which I received them this year...
  • Rancourt x Ralph Lauren Natural Shell Cordovan Penny Pinch Loafer
  • Rancourt Color #4 Shell Cordovan Wingtip Boot
  • Rancourt Color #4 Shell Cordovan Caribou Boot
  • Rancourt Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes
  • Rancourt Navy Shell Cordovan Beef Roll Loafers
  • Rancourt Natural Shell Cordovan Beef Roll Loafers
New Additions 2020 - 4.jpg

New Additions 2020 - 5.jpg

New Additions 2020 - 8.jpg

New Additions 2020 - 9.jpg

New Additions 2020 - 20.jpg

New Additions 2020 - 21.jpg

Also posted on my blog with the Aldens, Vibergs, and an AE that I got this year as well.
http://aldenofsandiego.com/2020-the-unforgettable-forgettable-year/

-Mike

mscb

Reaction score
Wearing the crowdfunding Acadia finding difficult to stand with them for prologned period problem in the heel area with it being too hard and feels like there is a raised area causing problems with the heel. Feels like Im walking on this raised area which is throwing the entire foot off. Left worse than right. Does it take time to break the caliber sole in?
Anyone else having problems with he Acadia?

Last edited:

Luscombe

Reaction score
Wearing the crowdfunding Acadia finding difficult to stand with them for prologned period problem in the heel area with it being too hard and feels like there is a raised area causing problems with the heel. Feels like Im walking on this raised area which is throwing the entire foot off. Left worse than right. Does it take time to break the caliber sole in?
Anyone else having problems with he Acadia?
I have two pairs, 10.5 & 11. The 10.5 are two short in the arch area and are hard to wear all day, width wise they are perfect. The 11's fit right in length, a bit too wide upper 1/4's touch, but are comfortable all day. I can feel a bit of an arch in the sole and it aligns where it should with my arch. I don't experience any hardness and there was no real break-in period.

If you are sure the length is right for your feet, I would email Scott at Rancourt and arrange a return so they can check them out.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Porter boots from the other day, one of my favorite pick ups (and far and away the best "value") from last year. Not sure if I'll add another pair in 2021, but if I do, I'll be sending the Rancourt folks a picture of mdub's shell moc toes to replicate - they're gorgeous.

View attachment 1534047

Ramblin, those boots are looking great!!! The Caribou boot is a really nice boot and you should be very happy with it!!!

Speaking of @mdubs, just saw Rancourt's Instagram post of Mike's caramel shell boat shoes. Pretty cool!

View attachment 1534177

FT, thanks much! I saw that post. Definitely a fine looking boat shoe. I am not certain it is exactly my pair as I duplicated someone else and I have heard that others have followed suit after my pair. But regardless, thanks!

-Mike

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member