• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
there were some Made in America ones a few season back (my guess is HF), is that still around?

dylanej

Reaction score
Looking for Help. I love the RL Tuexedos and want to get one for my wedding, I had tried on the Anthony Black Label a couple years ago and then went into RL and see the Anthony Tuxedo is now Purple label as Black no longer exists.

My question is, is it the same tuexedo or different? I can find Black Label Anthony Tuxedo's on sale for about $1,000 cheaper - but not sure if it is the exact same tuxedo or not? Thank you very much for any help!

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking for Help. I love the RL Tuexedos and want to get one for my wedding, I had tried on the Anthony Black Label a couple years ago and then went into RL and see the Anthony Tuxedo is now Purple label as Black no longer exists.

My question is, is it the same tuexedo or different? I can find Black Label Anthony Tuxedo's on sale for about $1,000 cheaper - but not sure if it is the exact same tuxedo or not? Thank you very much for any help!

The Anthony is still the same item.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have seen new season POLO jacket yesterday in France (Le Bon marché).
They have the new label (blue and yellow) and they are no longer made in Italy but in Slovakia. Still, they look very good...Sizing is slim fit.
The website says Italy, the label inside says Slovakia...
Don't know if it is only for European market...

I know this is an old post, but I'm quoting it to update that they're still pulling this. Ordered a Blue Label Polo Coat, listed as 'Made in Italy' (presumably by Corneliani) on the website. When I got it in the mail today, it was not only damaged (which is besides the point) but actually made in Slovakia. They've quietly updated the item today on the website now that it's almost sold out, but I have the page archived from yesterday where it still said 'Made in Italy'.

mrrich

Reaction score
I had this happen to me with a pair of jeans. The website prominently advertised 'MADE IN USA', two times. When the jeans arrived they clearly stated 'Made in Mexico' both on the tags as well as in the interior design work. I called, complained, had a partial refund and insisted they fix the website...it took them many weeks to switch it to 'imported'. Due to the dubious origin of many products I have moved mostly to Purple Label to avoid this (although the price slows down my collecting, ugh)

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had this happen to me with a pair of jeans. The website prominently advertised 'MADE IN USA', two times. When the jeans arrived they clearly stated 'Made in Mexico' both on the tags as well as in the interior design work. I called, complained, had a partial refund and insisted they fix the website...it took them many weeks to switch it to 'imported'. Due to the dubious origin of many products I have moved mostly to Purple Label to avoid this (although the price slows down my collecting, ugh)

Yeah, I normally only get RRL and RLBL/PL, which tend to arrive as advertised. I have no issue with 'Imported' products, just with misrepresentation.

Given that the price of the polo coat was in Black Label range, I assumed it was listed under the Polo brand for purely historic reasons (it being the 'polo' item) and that such a mixup wouldn't happen.

Luckily customer service was very understanding and made a note that I shouldn't be charged any return fees.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought Slovakia is still Cornrliani, just not to the same standard (to be fair cheaper than before as well)

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thought Slovakia is still Cornrliani, just not to the same standard (to be fair cheaper than before as well)

This particular item was at a price point above RLBL so keeping it definitely was definitely not worth it to me.

Dmanf51

Reaction score

I see, how's the actual quality?

Corneliani has a factory in Slovakia so only some of the blue label suits were made there, simply cheaper labor but I didn't notice any major lack in quality. They've since made some new blue label in Italy. The blue label suits still do not compare to the old black now purple label however but I haven't noticed a decrease in blue label quality at least not over the last few years.

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PRL Made in Slovakia are made by Corneliani.
PRL Made in Italy are no longer made by Corneliani, but by other (unknow) factories, probably more than one.

(Time ago I've spotted on IG a picture of a neapolitan factory working on jackets with PRL label)

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Corneliani has a factory in Slovakia so only some of the blue label suits were made there, simply cheaper labor but I didn't notice any major lack in quality. They've since made some new blue label in Italy. The blue label suits still do not compare to the old black now purple label however but I haven't noticed a decrease in blue label quality at least not over the last few years.

How about compare to just the old PRL (3~5yrs ago now?). The made in Italy PRL used to be Corneliani, and half canvassed (so always below BL,PL).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads