• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Black label will merge into PL but remain at its entry level luxury price. Some BL styles will actually be sent to polo, much of the dark herringbone sport coats this season from polo are more of a BL cut. The Anthony and those suits will be the new entry level suits to PL. The goal is to create an easier line-up for customers, PL is the luxury Line vs Polo the main line. BL in the last few years was more or less lost in the shuffle so it will help consolidate them.

That's what my SA said as well, but I find that logic questionable, Px point is too far apart with the new Purple label given the addition of Black label. I would like to have black lable cut (nigel/daniel) on more purple label kind of fabric though (more windowspane, less monotonic dark color...)

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's what my SA said as well, but I find that logic questionable, Px point is too far apart with the new Purple label given the addition of Black label. I would like to have black lable cut (nigel/daniel) on more purple label kind of fabric though (more windowspane, less monotonic dark color...)

It looks like Cantarelli is making purple label pieces again (for some SCs anyways).

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I searched through this and didn't find an answer. Although I admit, I didn't read every page.

I'm just trying to figure out who made these. I'm deciding between listing them or keeping them

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I have a made in England pair of polo shoes is the size written inside a UK size?

I imagine it would depend on where you are? US are in US sizes, UK are in UK, etc. Quite clever really.

jamesmkeart

Reaction score
Some people definitely agree with you, but others have told me since they're bench made in England and the size is hand written there's a good chance it's a UK size. I guess I'll just say U.S.and accept returns on them.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unlined suede chukkas with a crepe sole:
20122413381_696d8bb1ea_z.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Some people definitely agree with you, but others have told me since they're bench made in England and the size is hand written there's a good chance it's a UK size. I guess I'll just say U.S.and accept returns on them.

The ones made for US are marked on US size, if you go to the mansion equivalent in London you can find the same shoe on UK sizing. The main difference is the ones end up in US (English made ones wise) tend to be UK D (narrow) as suppose to oversea (Asia and Europe) which tends to be UK E (normal).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Italian ones (at least the ones for purple label) have same width between US and non-US market, that's as far as I can tell just base on try on in NYC, London etc.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL shoes are always and only us sized.
The only difference is that standard widht for USA market is US D, outside america standard width is US E.

It is the same for every maker, american english or italian, always us sized

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members