• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

NewStart

Reaction score
Quick update for anyone following along:

Unfortunately, Purdey informed me that they do not have a 9 to exchange it with and are issuing me a refund instead. So, having tasted the fruit, I am back to pining for a deal on pair of Islays again. Maybe it just isn't meant to be for me....

baldy[1].gif

With that said, congrats to all you buggers who managed to get the right size on the first go 'round - I'm jealous!!!!

Sorry to hear that. On the bright side, at least they accept a return on this :p

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that. On the bright side, at least they accept a return on this :p

True, plus they refunded my return shipping which, back across the pond, wasn't cheap. In the end I feel for them, at least on this deal with me they took a hit with shipping both ways and no sale; not how I wanted it to work out for either of us. @#$%.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the 365 last, do you go one full size down or 1.5 size down?

10US = 9Uk or 10US = 8.5UK for the 365 last.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@razl
 i woudl have taken those islays qq

If I would have known before sending them back that they wouldn't have had my size to exchange them for, I would have offered them here first, sorry! Unfortunately, between writing back to ask about a return and being told "sure, send em back - no prob!" and them arriving to be told "we no longer have your size" there just wasn't any room to maneuver.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Myself and others have expressed interest in a GMTO for whiskey cordovan Marlow, affectionately entitled the; "Warlow". (Whiskey Marlow)

The Warlow specs are as follows:

Horween Whiskey Shell Cordovan
325 Last
Antique Storm Welt
Contrast welt stitching
Double Leather Sole

Please comment if you are interested. There are 3-4 of us interested already.

Thanks.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen,

Myself and others have expressed interest in a GMTO for whiskey cordovan Marlow, affectionately entitled the; "Warlow".  (Whiskey Marlow)

The Warlow specs are as follows:

Horween Whiskey Shell Cordovan 
325 Last
Antique Storm Welt
Contrast welt stitching
Double Leather Sole

Please comment if you are interested.  There are 3-4 of us interested already.

Thanks.

How are you sizing? I understood CJ wouldn't do multiple widths on GMTOs.

Btw that's some unquenchabke craving you've got there, my man! You've been on quite a roll with unicornish makeups.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you sizing? I understood CJ wouldn't do multiple widths on GMTOs.

Btw that's some unquenchabke craving you've got there, my man! You've been on quite a roll with unicornish makeups.

Dr. Pepper, Thanks Bro!

Yea, I have had to cycle some pairs out and then cycle some back in because of fit issues.

The 325 last is one of my best fitting lasts of all time. Fits me perfect in a UK 10.

And yes, as you all know, I thoroughly enjoy wearing shell cordovan. Especially the rare varieties.

free2hear

Reaction score

Black grain Dundee boots.

This guy is posting these boots for sale at ebay uk and seems to be hiking their price with fake bidders (private). Just check his latest deals available and you'll always see a private bidder upping the prices but never going until the end/final seconds of the auction. I bothered to check all his last 30 deals and he uses the same scheme again and again. Highly suspect at least.

immortaltek

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Alright, great news the boots fit perfectly! Looks like I'm a UK 11.5 and not 12, very glad I went with the smaller of the two. Also with my worry from a week ago asking here if they are too light I think not and instead they look great. These are keepers that will age nicely.

Some maiden pics from a few minutes ago...

ouch ouch....gorgeous ! what is the model ? Coniston ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads